Jaguars trade CB CJ Henderson and 5th for TE Dan Arnold and 3rd

MikeT14

25 minutes ago, RaidersAreOne said:

There’s a whole lot of not single digits draft picks there even in years where it’s your only pick. How do you get those? Certainly not by being the worst run team in professional sports. 

20 minutes ago, jrry32 said:

Surprising they couldn't get more for such a talented guy. Must be something to the off the field issues.

His play on the field has been lacking since the early parts of last year. Some flashes but…

Still would have preferred to see this out.

27 minutes ago, iknowcool said:

Not much outside of that, unfortunately.  There was a lot of excitement about what he would be able to bring to the team in the red-zone, but we didn't get to see it.  But he scored 4 TDs in a limited role with the Cardinals last season, so between that and his size, in theory, he should be a good red-zone target.  But yeah he's your standard, big, strong, possession tight end.  Which isn't a bad thing.  I think he'll see more targets in Jacksonville than he had the opportunity to see here.  Feels like we were going to go to Tremble as TE1 sooner than later (which isn't a slight on Arnold - Tremble is simply more versatile and has higher upside).

The character concerns worry me.  I hope we did our homework.  

Appreciate the info.

I hope the change of scenery does Hendo well. I don’t know which way it would have headed, but everything that happened this off-season with him seemed for a while there like it was going to come to a head as a National story, it was just a matter of how it was going to, how big, and how tragic it was going to be when it did. I really hope that some of it was overblown and that the new atmosphere in Carolina offers him the changes he needs to be successful on field and off.

I hope this is a trade we end up losing. Because if it isn’t, it could be bad.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, TheKillerNacho said:

Technically, three. Last I checked, Jaguars still haven't released Blackmon's contract.

Speaking of that oddity, I think we’re also technically the only team with a 2000 draft pick still on our team now that Brady is off the Pats. 

2 minutes ago, Danger said:

Shad Khan needs to sell the team.

I mean sure. But this trade hardly seems the place to bring that up. Getting rid of a player with commitment and off field concerns drafted by the previous regime for *under value* is pretty standard fare for a new coach.

1 hour ago, RaidersAreOne said:

Atlanta is unique, because our first rounders tend to be solid, but the rest tend to be trash:

2008 - Ryan and Sam Baker (Starting QB and starting LT from 2008 to 2014)

2009 - Peria Jerry (Bust)

2010 - Sean Weatherspoon (starting MLB from 2010 to 2015, had a year in AZ)

2011 - Julio Jones (best WR in team history)

2013 - Desmond Trufant (started at CB1 from 2013-2019 for the Falcons)

2014 - Jake Matthews (Starting LT)

2015 - Vic Beasley (bust, but had some flash. Starting EDGE from 2015-2019)

2016 - Keanu Neal (not with us, but DQ loved him. Starting SS from 2016-2020)

2017 - Takk McKinley (bust)

2018 - Calvin Ridley (Starting WR)

2019 - Chris Lindstrom, Kaleb McGary (Starting RG and RT)

2020 - AJ Terrell (Starting CB)

2021 - Kyle Pitts (Starting TE)

1 hour ago, iknowcool said:

Not much outside of that, unfortunately.  There was a lot of excitement about what he would be able to bring to the team in the red-zone, but we didn't get to see it.  But he scored 4 TDs in a limited role with the Cardinals last season, so between that and his size, in theory, he should be a good red-zone target.  But yeah he's your standard, big, strong, possession tight end.  Which isn't a bad thing.  I think he'll see more targets in Jacksonville than he had the opportunity to see here.  Feels like we were going to go to Tremble as TE1 sooner than later (which isn't a slight on Arnold - Tremble is simply more versatile and has higher upside).

The character concerns worry me.  I hope we did our homework.  

He wasn't in a limited role with the Cardinals. They gave him the chance to be the full-time starter when Maxx Williams was down and he didn't deliver. He's one of the most frustrating players I've ever seen. But yeah, Arnold led Cardinals TEs in snaps, had close to 500 if I remember correctly. 

He had increased playing time for the whole second half of the 2019 season, finished the year with only like 150 yards. He developed a little as as receiver in 2020, but was too much of a liability as a blocker. I WILL say that he was Kyler Murray's primary deep threat. He was a big-play receiver for the Cardinals, not much of a possession guy. I can only think of like one drop off the top of my head, but he just quit on routes or would get smothered a lot of times. But yeah, on paper he wasn't bad, and he was decently productive for us. The balls he didn't catch are why he didn't get targeted more. He runs a 9-route a lot better than most NFL TEs. Not much of a tackle breaker. I think he's flashier than tough. 

• Like 1