Who was the worst draft pick by your team in your lifetime?

EaglesPeteC

On 10/28/2017 at 5:14 PM, FourThreeMafia said:

Gabriel Rivera....because we drafted him a few picks before Dan Marino.

Oh what could have been for the hometown kid.

I like to also throw in Huey Richardson. First round bust who didn't even make it out of his second training camp. I never saw a first rounder cut so quickly.

1 hour ago, ttitansfan4life said:

Kevin Dyson over Moss....

Vince Young

Ande Woolfolk

Pacman Jones - Was turning into a damn good player but his dumbness got in the way. Didn’t work out for us.

Jake Locker

Kendall Wright

Chance Warmack

That’s just the 1st round.... Doesn’t include the multiple bums drafted in the 2nd and 3rd rounds.

Kendall Wright and Pacman Jones? Both players were pretty productive with the Titans. How on earth would they classify in the all time bust range.

Pretty sure it was on this very same website that Jets fans, smitten with the bodybuilder physique of Vernon "The Sackless Wonder" Gholston, would answer whenever his actual football ability was questioned by posting one of those ghastly beefcake photos of The Ghost, with no supporting facts, as though his Schwarzeneggerian muscles were all the answer needed:

Image result for Vernon Gholston

On 10/28/2017 at 4:32 PM, EaglesPeteC said:

Let's all come together for a topic we can all relate to: colossal draft misses.

The question is simple: who is the worst draft pick by your team in your lifetime?

For the Eagles, the answer is simple....

0430-watkins.jpg

giphy.gif

Great topic, and a lot of good discussion generated!

Kudos. And a great answer to your own challenge: Danny Watkins, lovable and heart-warming corn-fed Canadian farm boy *** firefighter; at age 26, the oldest first-round rookie drafted since 1971, and shame on Brandon "Ginger" Weedon for supplanting Danny; exciting, if overaged, guard prospect who (little-known fact coming up, wait for it!) followed Jason Smith as starting left tackle at Baylor- perhaps the first time one school had ever produced two consecutive first-round picks at the same position who went on to become notorious busts.

Danny Watkins was in truth a splendid young man with an admirable bent for extinguishing fires; his only flaw as a first-round pick was an inability to play NFL football. Indeed, as I recall so inept was he that in his rookie year the Eagles started an undrafted free-agent named Ted Pancake or something who had been cut by, was it the Colts?, over him. Eventually, Danny Watkins left the came, and went off to follow his first love of putting out fires- but the flames in the hearts of Eagles' fans still burn brightly for him, to this very day!!

18 hours ago, Hunter2_1 said:

Chad Jackson, WR

I still don't know what happened there.  And Jackson wasn't the first time either.  Jackson's predecessor at Florida was a receiver named Taylor Jacobs and I don't know what happened there either. 

24 minutes ago, Crickett said:

I still don't know what happened there.  And Jackson wasn't the first time either.  Jackson's predecessor at Florida was a receiver named Taylor Jacobs and I don't know what happened there either. 

Jabar Gaffney too.

On 10/28/2017 at 4:13 PM, RedRider said:

As far as first rounders, probably WR Troy Williamson. Pretty much had one good college play, on which he caught a simple slant (iirc) and then torched the rest of the defense in a straight line sprint. That play alone, with the speed he showed, made him the top ten pick that he was. Turns out he couldn't not do anything but run in a straight line. He had legit the worst hands of any receiver to play in the modern league, bar none. I know that D-Lineman Underwood was a worse pick for us, but that was before my time.

Demetrius Underwood was the first one to come to mind for me too.  He didn't even make it through training camp in his rookie year.  It doesn't get much worse than that.

Archived