Who was the worst draft pick by your team in your lifetime?

EaglesPeteC

Sorry but Danny Watkins be Damned. I still have to give it to 

Freddy "I'd like to Thank my Hands" Mitchell #29

Especially when you look at the list of WR's drafted immediately afterwards  that McNabb " Potentially" could of had for a decade plus during those NFCCG/SB Runs from 01-04'

#30 Reggie Wayne

#33 Quincy Morgan

#36 Chad Johnson

#41 Robert Ferguson

#52 Chris Chambers

#74 Steve Smith

5 hours ago, Nabbs4u said:

Sorry but Danny Watkins be Damned. I still have to give it to 

Freddy "I'd like to Thank my Hands" Mitchell #29

Especially when you look at the list of WR's drafted immediately afterwards  that McNabb " Potentially" could of had for a decade plus during those NFCCG/SB Runs from 01-04'

#30 Reggie Wayne

#33 Quincy Morgan

#36 Chad Johnson

#41 Robert Ferguson

#52 Chris Chambers

#74 Steve Smith

I love how when other teams fans try to show their failures, the Browns ineptitude is still apparent.

Thanks for all the drops Quincy. 

6 hours ago, DontTazeMeBro said:

Worst player we took in 1st round would be Matt Elam, although Perriman is getting there. But Kyle Boller went higher and IIRC we traded up for him. And we had a Super Bowl roster and we were a QB away. So probably Boller.

Oh yes.  As far as I know, Kyle Boller was the first of the second plus a future first in exchange for a first round pick so you can draft a quarterback trades.  J.P. Losman was the next one.  icon_lol.gif

The Patriots turned that into Eugene Wilson (after a trade up) and Vince WIlfork. 

To be fair though, the only decent quarterback the Ravens could have passed on on in 2003 or 2004 was Matt Schaub and it's a stretch to say they would have drafted him specifically.  If they hadn't drafted Boller, they likely would have taken either Chris Simms or Dave Ragone in 2003 or J.P. Losman in 2004.  None of which are particularly good options, although the lesser use of resources would still have been preferable.  None of them were going to be the quarterback the Ravens needed.

9 minutes ago, MSURacerDT55 said:

Not worse than Justin Gilbert though, we literally got nothing out of him.

Justin Gilbert is probably the worst player the Browns have drafted since their organization returned (and that's saying something after Courtney Browns and Gerrard Warren), but much the same way I think you could make a case for DHB with the Raiders, I think you can make a case for William Green for the Browns.  They passed on Clinton Portis for Green.  Now you can look at that and think "Well Portis was taken a full round later with two other running backs taken between them).  Except if anyone is going to know how effective Clinton Portis is, you would think it would be his college coach.... who was Butch Davis.  The at-the-time current coach of the Cleveland Browns. 

Dimitrius Underwood.

Yes, he has mental issues that were the reason he didn't work out in the NFL and he had a ton of talent, but those issues were known going into the draft, and we still picked him in the 1st round. Could have had so many better players.

For the Ravens I think it has to be Breshad Perriman. Matt Elam at least showed flashes of talent during his time here when he was utilized correctly. He career was derailed by Dean Pees playing him as a deep safety, injuries, and ultimately getting arrested and never developing.

However, I never felt the Matt Elam pick was a reach when he was picked. He was a monster at Florida and a very physical tackling safety.

Perriman, on the other hand, was a massive reach and a pick that nobody understood, and with all of his injury troubles throughout his career, he has never flashed any sort of potential at all for the Ravens, and he's in his 3rd year and can't even get on the field when our other WR's are Griff Whalen, Chris Moore, and Michael Campanaro. It's embarrassing how bad he is.

5 minutes ago, Crickett said:

Justin Gilbert is probably the worst player the Browns have drafted since their organization returned (and that's saying something after Courtney Browns and Gerrard Warren), but much the same way I think you could make a case for DHB with the Raiders, I think you can make a case for William Green for the Browns.  They passed on Clinton Portis for Green.  Now you can look at that and think "Well Portis was taken a full round later with two other running backs taken between them).  Except if anyone is going to know how effective Clinton Portis is, you would think it would be his college coach.... who was Butch Davis.  The at-the-time current coach of the Cleveland Browns. 

All those other guys had some sort of production, Courtney Brown was a monster when he was on the field, which was not often, he had a game against Chicago I remembered when he had 4 sacks in a game IIRC, Gerard Warren made plays, and William Green had a year he had 1000 yards from scrimmage. Hell, even Manziel gave us two wins as a QB, Erving had a few good blocks that sprung Crowell, Gilbert literally and I mean literally gave us nothing except a fluke pick 6

2 hours ago, rob_shadows said:

I'm going recent and saying Eric Ebron for Detroit.

I was going to say Charles Rogers but at least he can blame injuries for derailing his career...Ebron has just been terrible.

As much as I would like to agree, I'd put Big Mike Williams ahead of him. At that point Charles rogers still had potential, Roy Williams was playing like a #1 and we used an early first round draft choice on a WR from USC who had just taken a year off from football. 

Ebron has at least produced a bit and was trending in the correct direction until this season. Mike Williams did next to nothing and then got fat and cut.

rogers was a bad pick in hindsight but you could also argue that it was injuries that derailed his career. He looked like a stud coming out and played decent his first couple games before getting hurt.

4 minutes ago, theuntouchable said:

As much as I would like to agree, I'd put Big Mike Williams ahead of him. At that point Charles rogers still had potential, Roy Williams was playing like a #1 and we used an early first round draft choice on a WR from USC who had just taken a year off from football. 

Ebron has at least produced a bit and was trending in the correct direction until this season. Mike Williams did next to nothing and then got fat and cut.

rogers was a bad pick in hindsight but you could also argue that it was injuries that derailed his career. He looked like a stud coming out and played decent his first couple games before getting hurt.

Rogers also had a weed problem IIRC. 

I have to agree that Mike Williams was the more egregious selection.  They could have drafted DeMarcus Ware and what's worse is Matt Millen admitted they were going to, but didn't. 

I had Andre Johnson rated ahead of Charles Rogers, but there was no way Detroit could pass on Rogers for anyone and even I knew that.  Not coming from Michigan State with that kind of production and those workout numbers.   Mike Williams on the other hand was one of those laughing stock picks, having selected a receiver in the top ten for the third consecutive year.  Ebron definitely deserves a mention since TE wasn't thought of as a particularly big need for the Lions and they passed on so much talent at need positions to draft him. But it wasn't a luaghing stock pick like Mike Williams was.  It was just a reach for a non-need. 

1 minute ago, Crickett said:

Rogers also had a weed problem IIRC. 

I have to agree that Mike Williams was the more egregious selection.  They could have drafted DeMarcus Ware and what's worse is Matt Millen admitted they were going to, but didn't. 

I had Andre Johnson rated ahead of Charles Rogers, but there was no way Detroit could pass on Rogers for anyone and even I knew that.  Not coming from Michigan State with that kind of production and those workout numbers.   Mike Williams on the other hand was one of those laughing stock picks, having selected a receiver in the top ten for the third consecutive year.  Ebron definitely deserves a mention since TE wasn't thought of as a particularly big need for the Lions and they passed on so much talent at need positions to draft him. But it wasn't a luaghing stock pick like Mike Williams was.  It was just a reach for a non-need. 

I don't think it really became a "problem" per se until he had to take two consecutive years off due to injury. It never really affected him previously and having that much time on his hands just fed into the issue. 

At least with Ebron he had some upside to him. He had some drop issues in college but he was a big physical guy with some great athletic traits. I could at least find reason as to why they would want Ebron.

with Williams, I could not find a logical reason for drafting him, especially that high. Sure he had a really great season with USC but it was one year and his game, IMO, didn't translate that well to the pros. Then you factor in the year off from football and it just didn't even begin to make sense.

i would also put the selection of Ernie sims at #9 ahead of Ebron as far as bad picks. 

Archived