Who was the worst draft pick by your team in your lifetime?

EaglesPeteC

Just now, animaltested said:

Recently, Aaron Curry. Going back Lamar King. Rick Mirer was a wee bit before my time. 

Honorable mentions,

Chris McIntosh (Injuries)

Marcus Tubbs (Injuries....)

Lawrence Jackson (sorta, 28th pick on JAG isnt too terrible)

Jeremy Stevens (although factored in alot during the 2005 Super Bowl Run)

Josh Wilson, Kelly Jennings Dwarf, two for one (Meh mostly,  JAGs at best)

John Moffit (3rd round though...)

Christine Michael (BUT DAT SPARQ!)

To be honest Seattle hasnt had many busts or duds in the millennium. Alot... I mean ALOT of mediocrity and JAGs though.

8 hours ago, Jakuvious said:

If you put Jackson, you pretty much have to put Dorsey. Got nearly identical production out of each, at almost the same draft spot. 5 years of solid run defense and no pass rushing productivity whatsoever, before they went on to be a subpar starter somewhere else for a few years.

Though I think Sims runs away with it, honestly. Baldwin was equally bad but was drafted much lower, which makes it a bit less painful. Dorsey and Jackson were picks that were up there, but neither busted that hard. They just weren't playmakers.

Plus if you look at the rest of the top 10 of the Dorsey/Jackson drafts, lots of players didn't have their NFL careers. They weren't good picks but they came in pretty bad draft classes. Sims is, imho, the worst by a mile

8 hours ago, iPwn said:

We traded up to draft Derrick Harvey.

We traded up to draft Blaine Gabbert one pick ahead of Watt.

We traded up to draft Justin Blackmon.

We drafted a QB to play WR in the first in Matt Jones.

One of those 4. 

out of those 4 id say its probably Sunshine Blaine Gabbert tho Blackmon is a close 2nd. 

Uh... Rae Carruth would probably be the worst 1st round pick. Wasn't really that good and didn't play very long since, you know, it turned out he was a murderer!

As far as overall worst picks... I mean, we traded a 2nd round pick to move up in the 3rd and take Armanti Edwards. Armanti is the worst player I've ever seen suit up in a Panthers uniform. Just trash. Major homerism of some kind there when we take an App St. kid just because he led the biggest upset in college history. Of course we wound up being the worst team in the league that season and that 2nd round pick turned into pick #33. We coulda used that pick since our 2011 draft, outside of Cam, was miserable. But to be fair, that pick was used on Ras-I Dowling by the Patriots, who did nothing of note as far as I can tell, though he did wind up on our practice squad a few years later to complete the circle.

17 hours ago, Sugashane said:

Cedric Benson. We had Thomas Jones, who was not elite in anything but still respectable, and had Rex Grossman as a QB. Grossman only was able to start 6 games and sucked his first two years, and we passed on Rodgers to keep him.

No, you see they had to draft Cedric Benson.  Because Benson had "vision".  9_9

(Bears fans actually defended the pick at the time.  Their defenses were..... lacking.)

Kevin Dyson over Moss....

Vince Young

Ande Woolfolk

Pacman Jones - Was turning into a damn good player but his dumbness got in the way. Didn’t work out for us.

Jake Locker

Kendall Wright

Chance Warmack

That’s just the 1st round.... Doesn’t include the multiple bums drafted in the 2nd and 3rd rounds.

7 minutes ago, ttitansfan4life said:

Kevin Dyson over Moss....

Vince Young

Ande Woolfolk

Pacman Jones - Was turning into a damn good player but his dumbness got in the way. Didn’t work out for us.

Jake Locker

Kendall Wright

Chance Warmack

That’s just the 1st round.... Doesn’t include the multiple bums drafted in the 2nd and 3rd rounds.

Just remember this about Vince Young: If you hadn't drafted him, you were going to take Matt Leinart.

Andre Woolfolk was a mystery to me.  The Titans didn't need cornerback help at the time or if they did, they only needed a nickel corner and managed to draft a bust ahead of Nnamdi Asomugha, Charles Tillman, Eugene Wilson, Rashean Mathis and Ken Hamlin. All of them were selected in the next 15 picks. 

I thought Pac-Man Jones was going to be a bust.  Not for the reasons he didn't work out though. 

Remember when people thought Jake Locker was going to be the next Jay Cutler?  Remember when being the next Jay Cutler was a compliment?

Chance Warmack being on that list is some major revisionist history.  Titans fans defended that pick until the minute his contract was up. 

Archived