Cardiac Cats at Cowboys, a winning GDT

Matts4313

20 minutes ago, resilient part 2 said:

For the record I don't feel A Brown is as bad as some seem to think. BUT clearly he is not the long term answer as the 2CB. why not try to see what Joseph has now, get him a few games to get the feel and growing pains out of the way?  

Or slow his development and damage his growth/confidence? Especially since he is on IR with an injury.... lol

Why are you so eager to bench our players and replace them amidst a 3 game win streak? Maybe we shouldnt change anything because its working and we are on trajectory to be one of the best teams in the NFL. 

1 hour ago, Matts4313 said:

Why are you so eager to bench our players and replace them amidst a 3 game win streak? Maybe we shouldnt change anything because its working and we are on trajectory to be one of the best teams in the NFL. 

I agree, I wouldn’t want to be too overzealous with changes at this point, but I do think it’s an interesting conversation about what to do with guys returning from injury/suspension. I would say:

Kelvin Joseph - Start working him in, get him ready for big duty late in the season. We play almost exclusively in nickel, and him developing into one of our top-3 cornerbacks would be a big boost to the defense.

Neville Gallimore - Osa has gained a permanent spot, but I think Gallimore slots right back in getting starters reps, too. Our DTs play ~66% of snaps, he’ll get those along with Osa.

La’El Collins - Slots back as the RT starter, and we can feel better about our swing tackle than almost any team in football.

Donavan Wilson - He’ll be back in the rotation, but he’s going to have to earn the starting spot back from Kearse

Keanu Neal - I expect Jaylon’s snaps to drop significantly once Neal is back. But they may rotate a bit.

Michael Gallup - Obviously goes right back to  his spot at WR3.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Nextyearfordaboyz said:

I agree, I wouldn’t want to be too overzealous with changes at this point, but I do think it’s an interesting conversation about what to do with guys returning from injury/suspension. I would say:

Kelvin Joseph - Start working him in, get him ready for big duty late in the season. We play almost exclusively in nickel, and him developing into one of our top-3 cornerbacks would be a big boost to the defense.

Neville Gallimore - Osa has gained a permanent spot, but I think Gallimore slots right back in getting starters reps, too. Our DTs play ~66% of snaps, he’ll get those along with Osa.

La’El Collins - Slots back as the RT starter, and we can feel better about our swing tackle than almost any team in football.

Donavan Wilson - He’ll be back in the rotation, but he’s going to have to earn the starting spot back from Kearse

Keanu Neal - I expect Jaylon’s snaps to drop significantly once Neal is back. But they may rotate a bit.

This.

7 hours ago, plan9misfit said:

I think I’d argue that our two best defenders were on the field yesterday. D-Law isn’t our best defender anymore. I think he’s been supplanted by Diggs and Parsons.

I think Diggs is getting there if not there already but to say Parsons is over all better at this point then DLaw is stretching things a bit.  

2 minutes ago, quiller said:

I think Diggs is getting there if not there already but to say Parsons is over all better at this point then DLaw is stretching things a bit.  

Parsons first 4 games have been more productive than any 4 game stretch of Tanks 8 year career, excluding his contract year. 

Edited by Matts4313
  • Like 2

I just watched him back vs the Eagles, n one thing I think that was overlooked is that he completely dominated his ex college teammates. But the best part of it was that he was letting them know about it too! They said this entire offseason was about finding dogs, and they found some! No I think the dogs are multiplying. The confidence is oozing.

edit: this was for the trevon Diggs thread 🤦🏼‍♂️

Edited by CT Cowboy Fan

5 hours ago, Nextyearfordaboyz said:

You forgot Carlos Watkins vs. Brent Urban- lol who cares

OTOH I am interested to see how the DE rotation breaks down once Armstrong and Anae are back. Including Parsons, by my count we go 7 deep with NFL-caliber edge rushers when at full strength.

Edited by matt79511

12 minutes ago, Texas_OutLaw7 said:

Trust the process.

How'd that work out for the 76ers? 

All those 1st rounders and the only guy they are keeping is Joel.

I know it's a different sport, but the phrase "the process" is just another sorry euphemism drummed up to mask stupidity.

What gets me is how many people keep buying this ish.

Trust it when they hoist Vince for the 6th time. Until then, play smart, sound, fundamental football. Know your assignment, execute, beat your guy and move on.

You do that and they can do nothing about it.

Just now, Rtnldave said:

Trust the process.

I know it's a different sport, but the phrase "the process" is just another sorry euphemism drummed up to mask stupidity.

Trust it when they hoist Vince for the 6th time. Until then, play smart, sound, fundamental football. Know your assignment, execute, beat your guy and move on.

What? Playing "old-school" football is what Garrett tried to do for a decade. It didn't work. 

Just now, Rtnldave said:

Trust the process.

I don't know what you just said. 

We don't agree. It's fine. But I promise you you are not going to convince me citing basketball. 

8 hours ago, Matts4313 said:

Or slow his development and damage his growth/confidence? Especially since he is on IR with an injury.... lol

It isn't "eager" but just looking at the team and areas that can be improved upon.  Even the most pessimistic person should realize we can be very good this year. Not saying anyone is better than someone else, but you should at least look. especially if there is some struggling going on. 

3 minutes ago, resilient part 2 said:

It isn't "eager" but just looking at the team and areas that can be improved upon.  Even the most pessimistic person should realize we can be very good this year. Not saying anyone is better than someone else, but you should at least look. especially if there is some struggling going on. 

Maybe I am misremembering, but didnt you also make some sort of comment about benching DLaw for Parsons? Maybe that wasnt you. 

Just seems odd to me how so many people want to change a winning forumla. 

Edited by Matts4313