OBJ Thread

LETSGOBROWNIES

Should we move on?  

29 members have voted

1. 1. Should we consciously uncouple from OBJ?

• Yes, he’s a bum who can eat my shorts.
    • Yes, he may be great, but it isn’t working out here.
    • No, 3 years is hardly enough time to figure this out. Patience is a virtue.
    • Absolutely not, my Baker -> OBJ -> Super Bowl tattoo will pay off shortly.

20 minutes ago, DaWg_LB. said:

While we have him, I am a Fan of his. I appreciate him gutting out a torn labrum while the other shoulder is sprained also...

He can still make game changing play's.....evidenced by Dallas last year....

But after the season, I wonder would The Raiders be interested in him for DE Clelin Ferral straight up?

Man, he’s got a lot of leeway off of one particular game in 3 years where he was force fed the ball in every possible way.

After watching the game last night, hear me out......

What about trading OBJ for Brandon Aiyuk? 

Aiyuk seems to be in the never ending Kyle Shannahan doghouse for whatever reason. OBJ clearly isnt a spectacular fit with us.

Aiyuk's strengths would fit our offense great and OBJ could go play for another good team.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, AkronsWitness said:

After watching the game last night, hear me out......

What about trading OBJ for Brandon Aiyuk? 

Aiyuk seems to be in the never ending Kyle Shannahan doghouse for whatever reason. OBJ clearly isnt a spectacular fit with us.

Aiyuk's strengths would fit our offense great and OBJ could go play for another good team.

If they’d do it I’d pull that trigger so friggin quick lol 

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

If they’d do it I’d pull that trigger so friggin quick lol 

Hey man....Im just saying lol Kyle Shannahan is a grudge holder, ego maniac and loves to bench players to prove hes the smartest guy in the room.

If Aiyuk is truly on bad terms with the coaching staff (he also got called out by Lynch), I would make a run at him.

The 49ers currently dont play Aiyuk, Sermon or Kinlaw because "They arnt practicing the way the coaching staff wants" Cmon. How dense are you Kyle.

Edited by AkronsWitness
  • Like 1

35 minutes ago, AkronsWitness said:

Maybe @Forgecan enlighten us. Why doesnt your ego maniac coach play Aiyuk, Sermon or Kinlaw?

Also, what would you say to a OBJ-->Aiyuk trade?

Kinlaw can't stay healthy. He's basically been dealing with a recurring knee issue since the senior bowl. He apparently put on Instagram that he wasn't hurt, but evidence to the contrary the last two years and there is talk he's headed to IR. 

Aiyuk apparently keeps running the wrong routes and doesn't know the playbook? I dunno. This one is very, very weird for the fan base. Even when he does play, it seems like Jimmy G chooses to go elsewhere even when he is open. Everyone is pretty sure that we don't have anything close to the full story.

Sermon just got beat, I think. Shanny seems way down on him compared to Mitchell

2 hours ago, Forge said:

Kinlaw can't stay healthy. He's basically been dealing with a recurring knee issue since the senior bowl. He apparently put on Instagram that he wasn't hurt, but evidence to the contrary the last two years and there is talk he's headed to IR. 

Aiyuk apparently keeps running the wrong routes and doesn't know the playbook? I dunno. This one is very, very weird for the fan base. Even when he does play, it seems like Jimmy G chooses to go elsewhere even when he is open. Everyone is pretty sure that we don't have anything close to the full story.

Sermon just got beat, I think. Shanny seems way down on him compared to Mitchell

Kinlaw- Makes sense, reasonable

Aiyuk- Def. seems like there is something underlying there. S

Sermon- Maybe its my OSU fan bias but I find it hard to believe that Elijah Mitchell and JaMycal Hasty are better RBs than Trey Sermon. I think this is the one where Shannahan has the ego issue and wants to prove he can get any RB to perform well. Its like a badge of honor to turn a 7th round pick into a bellcow. You spent a premium draft pick on the guy--dont you want to see what he can do with legitimate touches? Even in a split carries duty to get his feet wet in the system? Hes not even getting chances.

4th- So.......Aiyuk for OBJ?

Edited by AkronsWitness

4 hours ago, AkronsWitness said:

4th- So.......Aiyuk for OBJ

I wouldn't do that. The latter is more expensive, has had health issues, and I'm not sure he's got the upside/ceiling that he once did. 

I'd rather just see if aiyuk can get back what he flashed last year

Try to trade OBJ for Michael Thomas. Saints are NOT happy with him. Maybe we get draft picks due to his massive contract and the Saints being in cap hell.

Heck I’d just trade OBJ to New Orleans for draft picks if they weren’t in financial ruin.

Edited by candyman93

10 hours ago, Forge said:

I wouldn't do that. The latter is more expensive, has had health issues, and I'm not sure he's got the upside/ceiling that he once did. 

I'd rather just see if aiyuk can get back what he flashed last year

I wouldn’t either if I was the 9ers.

But stick around, I’m sure folks will try to sway you with references to the one game last year he didn’t suck or the play the year before he housed a slant.

• Like 2

30 minutes ago, candyman93 said:

Try to trade OBJ for Michael Thomas. Saints are NOT happy with him. Maybe we get draft picks due to his massive contract and the Saints being in cap hell.

Heck I’d just trade OBJ to New Orleans for draft picks if they weren’t in financial ruin.

I'd be all over that. 

Swap problems with each other.

2 hours ago, Kiwibrown said:

I'd be all over that. 

Swap problems with each other.

I'd take OBJs lack of production and QB issues over Michael Thomas being a sociopath in this lockeroom. I honestly think Michael Thomas as Antonio Brown level head issues. Keep that far away from this team please.

Edited by AkronsWitness