OBJ Thread

LETSGOBROWNIES

Should we move on?  

29 members have voted

1. 1. Should we consciously uncouple from OBJ?

• Yes, he’s a bum who can eat my shorts.
    • Yes, he may be great, but it isn’t working out here.
    • No, 3 years is hardly enough time to figure this out. Patience is a virtue.
    • Absolutely not, my Baker -> OBJ -> Super Bowl tattoo will pay off shortly.

15 minutes ago, brooks1957 said:

Agreed 1000%. We can play the blame game all day long, but as you and others have noted - the cold hard truth is this offense bogs down with OBJ in the game.

I want him gone. 4pm today is not too early....

I’ll be honest, I’d be shocked if we move him.

Maybe there’s a market, maybe there isn’t, but I’d be surprised.

The ONE thing that makes me nervous about our nerds (and I support them on 99% of everything), is when to know and understand a "sunk cost" and to walk away when you can, as opposed to cutting bait and bailing when it's apparent that it's not working out, even if it means eating some money/cap space.

Just now, MWil23 said:

The ONE thing that makes me nervous about our nerds (and I support them on 99% of everything), is when to know and understand a "sunk cost" and to walk away when you can, as opposed to cutting bait and bailing when it's apparent that it's not working out, even if it means eating some money/cap space.

I don’t sense it’s that, I think they’re trying to establish consistency and continuity and not make snap decisions due to impatience.

But we’ve been patient.

Just now, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

I don’t sense it’s that, I think they’re trying to establish consistency and continuity and not make snap decisions due to impatience.

The "make sense to them" portion is what stands out to me. So, they've had some offers...and they're apparently not worth exploring. We could get rid of his persona and move on, but we're going to keep starting him, playing him, and watching this offense continue to suck.

Just now, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

But we’ve been patient.

It's been almost 3 years. It's time to move on. Sometimes things just don't work out, and it's no one's fault. It's a bad fit for a lot of reasons.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, MWil23 said:

The "make sense to them" portion is what stands out to me. So, they've had some offers...and they're apparently not worth exploring. We could get rid of his persona and move on, but we're going to keep starting him, playing him, and watching this offense continue to suck.

Maybe it meant deals that had us taking on players they don’t like or additional money.