The search for a new Head Coach

RaidersAreOne

Just now, Styrian Raider said:

Well, they should agree with the major things. So do I with my job.
I don't have to agree with everything we do in the company but if there's something which affects my work which I absolutely dislike, then I would go.

Regarding your news articles:
I'm here in Austria and I'm a Raiders fan. I have only Raiders articles in my newsfeed and didn't even know that sites lol
It may be that they have a better insight in this topic.

Becoming an NFL head coach is one of the most difficult things to do in all of sports though. It's not like Flores wasn't showing up to work because he disagreed with the owner, he made the most of the hand he was dealt. 

All of the Dolphins players were shocked and seemed upset about the news. Flores will likely get another head coaching position this offseason though and I can't imagine a ton of coaches will be thrilled about the idea of potentially having to work for their owner.

15 hours ago, NYRaider said:

Becoming an NFL head coach is one of the most difficult things to do in all of sports though. It's not like Flores wasn't showing up to work because he disagreed with the owner, he made the most of the hand he was dealt. 

All of the Dolphins players were shocked and seemed upset about the news. Flores will likely get another head coaching position this offseason though and I can't imagine a ton of coaches will be thrilled about the idea of potentially having to work for their owner.

yah, that move was pretty bad. Dolphins came fighting back to almost make the playoffs.. their oline is a mess and that was the issue. Tua is okay, but he needs a good oline and playmakers. 

15 minutes ago, MrOaktown_56 said:

Would love ed dodds as GM, if that's the direction we're going.

Jim Harbaugh - Started as a QB coach with the Raiders in 2002

Ed Dodds - Started his career as an assistant with the Raiders in 2003

It's all coming full circle 

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, NickButera said:

I wonder why he wasn't lined up on the first reported list of interviewees. 

Who knows at this point. Based on reports though I wouldn't be surprised if most of our interviews are just formalities and that we already have an offer waiting for Harbaugh.

7 minutes ago, RaidersAreOne said:

Sounds great. How is Pep Hamilton though? I thought I remember him having a bad rep a few years ago?

The Colts were elite offensively when Luck and company were healthy under Pep. He hasn't been a coordinator since then but did a great job working with Herbert last season and Mills this year. I think Harbaugh would have most of the say for us offensively though.

45 minutes ago, NickButera said:

I wonder why he wasn't lined up on the first reported list of interviewees. 

I think from A strategic standpoint we’d want to interview the other candidates while we talk Back and forth with Harbaugh very quietly.  If we gauge interest from Harbaugh and he’s interested it’ll be a very quick hiring process.  

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, jimkelly02 said:

I think from A strategic standpoint we’d want to interview the other candidates while we talk Back and forth with Harbaugh very quietly.  If we gauge interest from Harbaugh and he’s interested it’ll be a very quick hiring process.  

While meeting the NFL's requirements for the Rooney rule. With the recent report that Harbaugh wants to go somewhere he'd have control over personnel decisions, he's really the only coaching hire that would make sense to hire HC first and GM second.