The search for a new Head Coach

RaidersAreOne

36 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

Jim Harbaugh reportedly hosted a bunch of recruits last weekend and is planning to travel to visit recruits this weekend all across the east coast. 

College coaches will sit in a families living room, promise them the world, tell the parents a story About how he will mold their child into a man much like his old coach did for him, tell them how much potential he believes the kid has and hoe he’s the best coach to bring out that talent, sign a letter of intent with a kid, walk out the door and get in the car and take a phone call from their agent where they accept a better job….. and not care one bit.

Harbaugh ain’t going to stop doing his current job until its Official…. That’s if he does go to the nfl.  Heck if he cancelled an event or trip it’d be known and bring on massive rumors.

• Like 1

Just now, jimkelly02 said:

College coaches will sit in a families living room, promise them the world, tell the parents a story About how he will mold their child into a man much like his old coach did for him, tell them how much potential he believes the kid has and hoe he’s the best coach to bring out that talent, sign a letter of intent with a kid, walk out the door and get in the car and take a phone call from their agent where they accept a better job….. and not care one bit.

Harbaugh ain’t going to stop doing his current job until its Official…. That’s if he does go to the nfl.  Heck if he cancelled an event or trip it’d be known and bring on massive rumors.

Didn't he just hire some big time assistant coach from Notre Dame this past week too though?

5 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

Didn't he just hire some big time assistant coach from Notre Dame this past week too though?

He hired Ex-ND Defensive Line coach Mike Elston to fill the same role. Elston is an former Michigan assistant and alum though. He’s also a highly regarded coach and recruiter.  That said he’d more then be welcomed if Harbaugh stays or goes.

Edited by jimkelly02

5 hours ago, NYRaider said:

If we hire Dodd and miss on Harbaugh give me...

HC: Matt Eberflus

OC: Wes Phillips

Eberflus would be a good defensive HC.  I love what Indy has done.  

it’s kinda odd to have Wade Phillips son and Bum Phillips grandson be a offensive coach.  Maybe it’s just be but it just seems like their son/grandson should be a defensive coach who inherited a version of their scheme.  

Edited by jimkelly02

If we don’t go through the process properly and “respectfully “ Lol. Then the league will jump our as*es for sure, we’re the raiders. Plus you already have the gruden hiring uproar from the past. I think MD knows this, and IMO that’s why this poker hand is being played this way. Dodds and harbs are his guys, Hamilton and fangio would be sweet icing on a great cake. Again just my opinion, but the signs are there. To be continued....lol

I’m not going to hold out hope for Harbaugh tbh. I remember 6 years ago when they had the opportunity to hire him and they didn’t. The ended up going with JDR. I get the feeling that’s what’s going to happen again. Get ready for a Todd Bowels like hiring. 

23 minutes ago, Chali21 said:

I’m not going to hold out hope for Harbaugh tbh. I remember 6 years ago when they had the opportunity to hire him and they didn’t. The ended up going with JDR. I get the feeling that’s what’s going to happen again. Get ready for a Todd Bowels like hiring. 

I think this one is different because at that time it was Oakland Raiders vs his alma mater who he had never coached.

Now the situation is totally different on both sides. We’re the Las Vegas Raiders with much better facilities and can offer him a much more lucrative contract, and he’s coached at Michigan for 6 years and arguably taken them as far as he ever will be able to.

I don’t really see the appeal of hiring a guy like Bowles. He’s going to be 59 next season and has no track record of being a successful HC. If we wanted to give a retread a second chance, would prefer it be someone younger like a Raheem Morris type (not necessarily endorsing him) 

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, dante9876 said:

Harbaugh using raiders for a higher contract extension. Until he is named coach that is what I think is going on. 

Considering only backhanded rumors are coming out, and there's been nothing concrete I'm inclined to start thinking this myself.  The only reason we have to think he's coming here is circumstantial evidence.  If we don't hear anything about visiting/interviewing/calling etc, I don't think we'll end up getting him. The coaches we have lined up for interviews are top flight candidates. Makes me think we're seriously considering one of them 

4 hours ago, jimkelly02 said:

Eberflus would be a good defensive HC.  I love what Indy has done.  

it’s kinda odd to have Wade Phillips son and Bum Phillips grandson be a offensive coach.  Maybe it’s just be but it just seems like their son/grandson should be a defensive coach who inherited a version of their scheme.  

Monte Kiffin is one of the greatest defensive coaches ever and his son Lane Kiffin is an offensive minded coach.

53 minutes ago, NickButera said:

Considering only backhanded rumors are coming out, and there's been nothing concrete I'm inclined to start thinking this myself.  The only reason we have to think he's coming here is circumstantial evidence.  If we don't hear anything about visiting/interviewing/calling etc, I don't think we'll end up getting him. The coaches we have lined up for interviews are top flight candidates. Makes me think we're seriously considering one of them 

I thought the only coach that we've requested a formal interview request with is Mayo?