The search for a new Head Coach

RaidersAreOne

28 minutes ago, SBXISBXVSBXVIII said:

Maybe everything's in place already

GM: Dodds

HC: Harbaugh

OC: Hamilton

DC: Fangio

This would certainly be ideal.. let’s say like Tafur said, that Dobbs wants to run the show but Harbaugh wants control and that doesn’t pan out... I’d have to think MD doesn’t want whispers of this is Gruden Part 2 with the HC calling all the shots.. You guys think he would go more with the personnel side and prioritize the GM making the calls and pivot to a different HC? Just don’t know who they would pivot to, maybe Dodds would want Elberfus( his DC in Indy) as HC so he can remain in control of the 53 man/draft and not have Harbaugh as the control freak type.. 

another combo that came to mind as well has been Ran Carthon as GM with Mike McDaniel as HC if we were leaning for offensive minded HC.. And Carthon would seem to have a wealth of knowledge as he’s been under Les Snead and John Lynch for the last decade or so.. gotta admit, I love the way SF has ran the ball on opposing teams at will it seems the last few years and I’m sure McDaniel would prioritize getting the oLine figured out to try to mirror that dominance.. just a thought! 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, JarrodR86 said:

This would certainly be ideal.. let’s say like Tafur said, that Dobbs wants to run the show but Harbaugh wants control and that doesn’t pan out... I’d have to think MD doesn’t want whispers of this is Gruden Part 2 with the HC calling all the shots.. You guys think he would go more with the personnel side and prioritize the GM making the calls and pivot to a different HC? Just don’t know who they would pivot to, maybe Dodds would want Elberfus( his DC in Indy) as HC so he can remain in control of the 53 man/draft and not have Harbaugh as the control freak type.. 

another combo that came to mind as well has been Ran Carthon as GM with Mike McDaniel as HC if we were leaning for offensive minded HC.. And Carthon would seem to have a wealth of knowledge as he’s been under Les Snead and John Lynch for the last decade or so.. gotta admit, I love the way SF has ran the ball on opposing teams at will it seems the last few years and I’m sure McDaniel would prioritize getting the oLine figured out to try to mirror that dominance.. just a thought! 

Les Snead and knowledge don't belong in the same sentence 

• Like 1

All the signs and coincidences are pointing the right way. Yes, it’s what I want and I’ve said that. They couldn’t just make it obvious as a nose on a face or the league will try to fry our nutsack along with the stupid *ss press (who, let’s face it. 75% of wanna see us fail so they can laugh and say “told ya so” they can’t be transparent and make a mockery of the Rooney rule and he may not seem like the shrewdest, but MD knows this. We’ll see.....

Taking it easy on the players down the stretch is all fine and dandy but let’s face it, we squeaked into the playoffs and looked like we were happy to be....somewhat, we did take em all the way to the wire. Gruden cussing at players while not winning and making questionable decisions was prolly wearing on some no doubt. One of the good things about harbs is he’s prolly a good middle point between JG and RB. IMO. We all agree we don’t need to be anywhere near an easygoing coach for sure. Lmao! 

1 hour ago, drfrey13 said:

Why aren't we focusing on a GM and having him join the search for a coach.

I haven’t seen anyone other than that Raider Report dude say that they’re looking at anyone other than Mayo who could be the Rooney rule requirement. Rappaport said that Rich’s interview was more of an exit interview. The GM list seems more legitimate and expansive than the HC list. 

1 hour ago, RaidersAreOne said:

2014 3-5

2015 3-5

2016 6-2

2017 3-5

2018 3-5

2019 3-5

2020 3-5

2021 5-3

I guess Gruden was really tough on them in 2014, 2015, and 2017 also.  Or maybe it is Carr's lack of production in the later half of the season and we had something to compensate for it this year just like we did in 2016.  Yes in 2016 Carr only had 2 good games, 2 average games and 3 bad games in the second half of the season.  You think a professional reporter could take the time to look at our record before Gruden got here and not just go off the word of a player who did not look into their own claim.  I am not defending Gruden but to say Rich figured out a way to be competitive in the second half of the season is a stretch.  Maybe it was Carlson resting his leg and our defense getting to play 3rd string QBs.  Don't forget the the Dallas DB who single handedly lost the game for them to go along with their top WRs not playing.  The offence averaged under 20 points a game the last 10 games.  The defense gave up 30 points a game during that same span when facing an actual starting QB.  And that is me calling Daniel Jones a starting QB.  We should not have defeated the Cowboys, Browns, or Broncos.

I wonder who the great football mind is that is interviewing coaching candidates right now or even deciding who we are going to interview?

49 minutes ago, Chali21 said:

I haven’t seen anyone other than that Raider Report dude say that they’re looking at anyone other than Mayo who could be the Rooney rule requirement. Rappaport said that Rich’s interview was more of an exit interview. The GM list seems more legitimate and expansive than the HC list. 

I hope so.  With our luck we will interview Mayo and then hire a GM.  The league will come out and say we did not follow the spirit of the rule because we did not have an acting GM when we interviewed him.  The league will then takeaway draft picks and fine us.

1 hour ago, Devilshark69 said:

Taking it easy on the players down the stretch is all fine and dandy but let’s face it, we squeaked into the playoffs and looked like we were happy to be....somewhat, we did take em all the way to the wire. Gruden cussing at players while not winning and making questionable decisions was prolly wearing on some no doubt. One of the good things about harbs is he’s prolly a good middle point between JG and RB. IMO. We all agree we don’t need to be anywhere near an easygoing coach for sure. Lmao! 

Yeah, I certainly don't miss Gruden (and I'm sure the players probably don't either). 

But there's a balance. Rich, imo, was probably a bit too light of touch.