The search for a new Head Coach

RaidersAreOne

2 hours ago, BobbyPhil1781 said:

He's been there for 7 years and what has he accomplished besides beating teams that recruit 2* and 3* prospects which he should beat? Yeah, he beat the odds this year. Great. That doesn't dismiss everything the prior 6 years.

He loses majority of the games to rivals, he loses majority of bowl games, he loses majority of games playing AP top 10 teams while constantly having top 10 recruiting classes. Those are facts. 

People are putting more weight into beating chump teams b/c they want the guy b/c of his name and need that nice warm blanket to make them feel better about it. There are no chump teams in the NFL. As I've stated prior, it's possible he could make us a better team but there's also a chance he's like Mike Zimmer and the game simply has passed him by. We don't know so why offer $12 mill and be stuck w/ that when we have proven commodities in the NFL who are already succeeding? 

Again... as has been pointed out several times to you and you are refusing to acknowledge. What does a coaches performances in college have to do with his NFL prospects?

Plenty over overachieving coaches (Rhule, Marrone, Schiano) and high profile coaches (Kelly, Saban, Meyer) have won in college and couldn't lead grown men in the pros and quickly hightailed it out the pros (or soon will). 

Harbaugh is a proven winner in the NFL. He proved he can relate to the players and took a team to a Super Bowl that had been down and out for decades. Those are ALSO facts. 

Harbaugh's results have been varied in college sure. But most would argue the results are on par with the team and talent he had to work with including a who's who of QBs in his time there. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, BobbyPhil1781 said:

We don't know so why offer $12 mill and be stuck w/ that when we have proven commodities in the NFL who are already succeeding? 

Who are these "proven commodities" in the NFL you speak of?

I count 7 - Reid, Belicheck, John Harbaugh, Tomlin, Payton, McVey, Arians. And none of them are coming to coach the Raiders. Any "hot coordinator" or retread former coach is a crapshoot. They are either a gamble or flamed out for a reason. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Chali21 said:

I will say this though, if the Raiders miss out on Harbaugh I’d like them to take a look at Mike McDaniels. He seems like a young sharp guy who’s had to make do with nothing on the offense. What him and Shanahan did with Deebo was incredible. That’s what the Raiders needed this past season when they lost everything, to adjust. The niners have been ravaged with injuries but here they are about to play Green Bay with a shot to go to the championship game. 

I like Mike McDaniels a lot. He is not your typical NFL guy by any stretch. Totally goofy dude. But man he is football wired and sharp as nails when he breaks things down and emphasis things inside plays and formations. I could listen to him talk for hours on game plans.

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, true2form said:

Valid concerns and I get where you are coming from.  

When it all boils down to it, it's a risk either way.  Harbaugh has a track record and you can't say it's bad, even if you don't think it's great.

You can't say the same for a Dabol.  That's the difference.  

I'm up for either. I don't want the middle ground of a bad track record.

Absolutely a risk either way. No denying that at all. Harbaugh has a good track record in the NFL almost a decade ago, yes. I wouldn't say he's done anything impressive at Michigan but instead, the opposite. Literally almost everyone was surprised he had never gotten fired. The fact they took money away from him speaks volumes as well.

Dabol has an amazing track record at his current position, yes and guys have to start somewhere. We see all these young minds coming in and tearing up the coaching ranks and we're talking about rehiring old heads that had success however long ago. 

I think we're really just wasting time b/c I doubt he comes here lol

4 hours ago, Chali21 said:

Your final paragraph is where I’m at, hiring an up and coming oc with a world of talent like Leftwich is really silly in my eyes because he won’t have that roster or Arians to lean on. Frazier, Bowels, Bradley and the like have all either been bad or mediocre in their tenures as head coaches. As for Rich, players love him and that’s nice on a personal level but they didn’t produce more than 20 points in more games than not. Going into the playoffs with negative point differential is not inspiring to me in a head coach. 

I will say this though, if the Raiders miss out on Harbaugh I’d like them to take a look at Mike McDaniels. He seems like a young sharp guy who’s had to make do with nothing on the offense. What him and Shanahan did with Deebo was incredible. That’s what the Raiders needed this past season when they lost everything, to adjust. The niners have been ravaged with injuries but here they are about to play Green Bay with a shot to go to the championship game. 

Don’t think Kyle gives us a ringing endorsement lol