Let's Talk Interim Head Coach Rich Bisacci

RaidersAreOne

4 hours ago, MrOaktown_56 said:

All he needs to do is force Cable to bench Andre the bum James, let Carr throw more from shotgun/use spread concepts and he'll have this team in playoff contention. No more ground and pound gruden bull**** with Cable's scholarship OL.

Haha, I was thinking Andre 'the giant disappointment' James 😁

Agree with the other comments, we need to put the ball in the passing games' hands. Scheme for our poor pass protection unfortunately and use more playaction. Even if you're not a run first team playaction consistently works.

I like the cut of Bisaccia's jib. From the little I've heard him he sounds like a guy who you'd like in the trenches with you. I'm not expecting massive changes immediately but I do want to see the team playing hard for him. Do the basics well and play hard is all I would ask.

• Like 1

Tony Sparano vibes with Bisaccia. I can see the team playing for him.

We’ve got a better roster now than we did when Sparano took over also.

Not expecting fireworks, but also don’t think he’ll be a disaster either.

Edited by Nightmare
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Nightmare said:

Tony Sparano vibes with Bisaccia. I can see the team playing for him.

We’ve got a better roster now than we did when Sparano took over also.

Not expecting fireworks, but also don’t think he’ll be a disaster either.

they're burying the emails today at practice

• Like 2

8 hours ago, drfrey13 said:

Remember that Gannon's best and MVP year was the year he had Gruden's offense but not Gruden.

Good point. I'm optimistic that Gruden's conservative nonsense will let this offense cook a little more.

I hated Gruden as a play caller personally. You'd get these nice splash plays, followed by a couple vanilla runs that slowed the tempo way down. And they'd go dormant to protect a lead which always backfired. 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, big_palooka said:

Good point. I'm optimistic that Gruden's conservative nonsense will let this offense cook a little more.

I hated Gruden as a play caller personally. You'd get these nice splash plays, followed by a couple vanilla runs that slowed the tempo way down. And they'd go dormant to protect a lead which always backfired. 

I personally never had a problem with Gruden at the play caller or as a head coach in general. 

My issue was just let Mike Mayock be the GM and make all of the front offense decisions(which is what we're getting now)

They also should've let Paul Gunther go a long time ago which I think we're all seeing now

Edited by Jeremy408

1 minute ago, Jeremy408 said:

I personally never had a problem with Gruden at the play caller or as a head coach in general. 

My issue was just let Mike Mayock be the GM and make all of the front offense decisions(which is what we're getting now)

They also should've let Paul Gunther go a long time ago which I think we're all seeing now

I had major issues with him as a HC. He was overly conservative and played not to lose with a lead. He had his moments, they'd make a quick strike, then he'd get conservative again. Terrible red zone play caller as well. Completely insane play caller on 3rd and 4th and short. 

Mayock - We really don't know what we're getting now. His comments on these draft picks were awful. His fingerprints were on them like it or not. Not sure what he can do in 3 months to prove worthy of the job. And do you really trust him in 2022 with the draft? I don't want to find out. 

11 minutes ago, big_palooka said:

I had major issues with him as a HC. He was overly conservative and played not to lose with a lead. He had his moments, they'd make a quick strike, then he'd get conservative again. Terrible red zone play caller as well. Completely insane play caller on 3rd and 4th and short. 

Mayock - We really don't know what we're getting now. His comments on these draft picks were awful. His fingerprints were on them like it or not. Not sure what he can do in 3 months to prove worthy of the job. And do you really trust him in 2022 with the draft? I don't want to find out. 

I never really understood the whole conservative thing tbh. We've had a top 10 passing offense the last two years(including 2019 when we didn't have anyone to throw the ball to except waller)

This year through four games(even with the two back to back lackluster offensive performances) we're fourth in passing rn(which is weird because Derek Carr is actually second in passing). So we're actually higher than the Chiefs Seahawks bills and cardinals all known for having high octane offenses.

I don't see how you can be ultra-conservative play caller that everyone makes him out to be and do that at the same time

What you said about Mayock is fair though. 

Edited by Jeremy408

1 minute ago, Jeremy408 said:

I never really understood the whole conservative thing tbh. We've had a top 10 passing offense the last two years(including 2019 when we didn't have anyone to throw the ball to except waller)

This year through four games(even with the two back to back lackluster offensive performances) we're fourth in passing rn(it's weird because Derek Carr is actually second in passing) we're actually higher than the Chiefs Seahawks bills and cardinals all known for having high octane offenses.

I don't see how you can be ultra-conservative play caller that everyone makes him out to be and do that at the same time

What you said about Mayock is fair though. 

Just because they had a top 10 passing offense, doesn't mean they didn't play conservative. A lot of that was playing from behind with their poor defense as well. 

Every time the team had a lead in the 4th quarter, the play calling got really tight. Miami this year as an example. Heck, last week against the Bears. They hit a couple chunk plays in the passing game. Got into opponent territory and the next 2 calls were runs up the middle. Set up 3rd and long and punt. Everyone in the stadium knows the first play call of the game or second half is going to be a basic run call. 

He was stubborn to a fault with the run. Terrible in the red zone where he'd tighten up. Between the 20's the team could put up yards and make plays. There was no consistency over 4 quarters. The last 11 games, they haven't scored on their first possession. And he'd still be calling up runs and short passes.  

• Like 3