What TV Show Are You Watching?

Adrenaline_Flux

I finished the Wire yesterday. Not sure how I feel about it. It was so highly touted that I expected it to blow me away but the seasons were all dry and boring til the last couple episodes. Maybe its excellence went over my head. Omar went out in such a lame way. Not a bad show but not the greatest show of all time. 

6 minutes ago, Tyty said:

I finished the Wire yesterday. Not sure how I feel about it. It was so highly touted that I expected it to blow me away but the seasons were all dry and boring til the last couple episodes. Maybe its excellence went over my head. Omar went out in such a lame way. Not a bad show but not the greatest show of all time. 

That's just the nature of the show, it's a slow burn through all 5 season.  The interconnectedness of the various plot lines slowly working their way towards each other, showing you an investigation from both points of view from start to end.  That kind of style isn't for everyone.  The last couple of episodes are always the fastest paced because it's the resolution of the story.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Tyty said:

I made it through 3 episodes before turned it off

21 hours ago, Tyty said:

http://thewirestripped.com/episodes/  I ran across this podcast a couple of weeks ago.  It digs into the first two seasons very deeply.

I've gone through the series now 3 times, and I picked up on things that I missed the first two times watching.  I think one of the biggest appeals (in a maudlin sort of way), is that despite all of the efforts made by law enforcement to try and stop Stringer, Avon, Marlo, etc., by the end of the series, the only thing that happens is a generational shift of new characters filling in the voids left by those who were killed or incarcerated. 

In many ways, I look at almost the entire series as a "redemption" story for Bubbles, getting himself straight, and being able to "climb out" of the drug addled hell he'd struggled with throughout the series.  There weren't many happy endings, but that one left me happy, but crushed when seeing that Dukie took over his spot on the streets.

• Like 3

7 hours ago, Bucketheadsdad said:

http://thewirestripped.com/episodes/  I ran across this podcast a couple of weeks ago.  It digs into the first two seasons very deeply.

I've gone through the series now 3 times, and I picked up on things that I missed the first two times watching.  I think one of the biggest appeals (in a maudlin sort of way), is that despite all of the efforts made by law enforcement to try and stop Stringer, Avon, Marlo, etc., by the end of the series, the only thing that happens is a generational shift of new characters filling in the voids left by those who were killed or incarcerated. 

In many ways, I look at almost the entire series as a "redemption" story for Bubbles, getting himself straight, and being able to "climb out" of the drug addled hell he'd struggled with throughout the series.  There weren't many happy endings, but that one left me happy, but crushed when seeing that Dukie took over his spot on the streets.

I think what crushed me the most was seeing the one kid become the bully in that group home. You could see how his faith in humanity just deteriorated until he was just another dude in the streets without a purpose.

• Like 1

Just finished westworld S1 yesterday again. Didn’t watch S2 at first at release cause I thought it sucked or was moreso disappointed with the ending happening abruptly but I was wrong. S2 is starting out good and Ed Harris is one of the baddest actors on earf 

White Lines starts really fun when it featured Daniel Mays primarily (A great half comedic / half dramatic actor) but it starts to veer into soap opera territory by like episode 4 and seemingly goes from fun absurd to Riverdale absurd over the course of episodes 3/4-5.