What TV Show Are You Watching?

Adrenaline_Flux

3 minutes ago, skywindO2 said:

The show is a continuation of the book, not the 2009 movie and there's some significant differences in how they end so that may be a contributing factor to any confusion. 

I read the graphic novel long before I ever saw the movie, but even so.  I did figure out they were talking about the comic with the squids.

9 minutes ago, THE DUKE said:

I read the graphic novel long before I ever saw the movie, but even so.  I did figure out they were talking about the comic with the squids.

A lot of the world changed in the 30~ years between the events of the book and where they are now. It's definitely confusing at first(it's a Lindelof show afterall) but I think it does a good job of showing and explaining what's happened to the world over the course of the show without just giving straight exposition. 

Edited by skywindO2

7 minutes ago, skywindO2 said:

A lot of the world changed in the 30~ years between the events of the book and where they are now. It's definitely confusing at first(it's a Lindelof show afterall) but I think it does a good job of showing and explaining what's happened to the world over the course of the show without just giving straight exposition. 

yea just take things at face value to start and then things will start to click as it goes on. It definitely is a show meant to be taken as a whole. The worth of the show is greater than the sum of its parts. 

3 hours ago, THE DUKE said:

I'm about 2 episodes into Watchmen the TV show and am I supposed to be this confused?  You could very easily leave all the references to Watchmen out of this show and still use the exact same plot.

Stick with it. That’s last two episodes are great, and episode 9 is a top 5 episode of all time for me.

4 hours ago, Forge said:

About 2 episodes in and I will say that some of the acting is fairly bad...but man...some of these accents are forced as hell and awful to the point of being distracting...and the problem is that it's mostly main characters. Leif, Harald and to a lesser extent Cnut. 

Haven’t noticed any of that 

On 3/2/2022 at 8:08 PM, Forge said:

They are brutally bad imo. It reminds me of how a someone would sound if they were trying to speak their own language with an accent  lol 

There were a few on Iceland that really bothered me, especially Cnut. For the most part I think the main cast is really good, especially Ivar and the madman Russian

7 minutes ago, adamq said:

There were a few on Iceland that really bothered me, especially Cnut. For the most part I think the main cast is really good, especially Ivar and the madman Russian

I just met Jarl Kare, and he seems promising. 

Feel like it was a bad idea to watch this fresh of a Last Kingdom rewatch just in a general sense. 

I still love Rachel Brosnahan, kinda mad she is married irl or whatever but I’ll get over it but her character in Marvelous Mrs Maisel has to be the most accidentally deadbeat mom I’ve seen on tv 

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, Ty21 said:

I still love Rachel Brosnahan, kinda mad she is married irl or whatever but I’ll get over it but her character in Marvelous Mrs Maisel has to be the most accidentally deadbeat mom I’ve seen on tv 

Lol I've thought this very thing several times when watching that show

• Like 1

Two seasons left till I finish TBBT. Another show that last 4-5 season more than it should’ve. Really lost its charms after they started changing the character’s personality’s. Also doesn’t help that Bernadette and Penny are just mean people, who always put down their husbands. 

Almost every episode is penny just saying something to ruin Leonard’s enjoyment on something he likes, even when he does something to try and make her laugh, she just brings him down.

Jeen-Yuhs is great.  I loved Kanye's early work the most, along with usually 2-3 songs from his other album's but wasn't digging them overall.  Still think College Dropout is one of the best.  Amazing how they have this footage.  I respect his hustle and making a name for himself and literally willing his way into superstardom.  Lots of respect and an inspiring story.  Even more respect with my experience as someone who has started a clothing company on the side and is struggling to get it to grow. However, it's an unfortunate tale of the fine tightrope between genius and madness.  Which is kind of funny because last week I finished a book about Dopamine, "The Molecule of More", and one chapter is titled "Creativity and Madness." So what made him so successful (along with his mother's death) lead to his craziness.  They give examples of other creative geniuses or super smart people like Einstein who were like this as well.  I find that brain stuff fascinating.

Anyway, no matter how crazy Kanye is and if I think his music the past ten years is overhyped, he'll still be a favorite of mine and have my respect.

Giving space force another try. I attempted to watch it when it came out, made it through two episodes, just didn't think it was funny. 

This time I'm about five episodes in and laughing quite a bit. No idea why the change

12 minutes ago, Forge said:

Giving space force another try. I attempted to watch it when it came out, made it through two episodes, just didn't think it was funny. 

This time I'm about five episodes in and laughing quite a bit. No idea why the change

Jack Hughes arrived and opened your heart up to actual enjoyment 

• Like 1