What TV Show Are You Watching?

Adrenaline_Flux

On 1/16/2024 at 6:33 PM, adamq said:

Young Sheldon. I am a person who hated Big Bang Theory, not a fan at all, but YS has won me over. I was skeptical but my wife and kid were watching and I got sucked in. Classic family sitcom style show, Sheldon has his A story but the B and C characters are all really likeable and funny. Set in the 90s so there is some nostalgia there for me

Agreed.Its a completely different style of show than TBBT. No laughtrack, and them not trying to do a punchline on every line really helps . Its definitely not a broad comedy

The direction is single cam rather than a flat sitcom look

Also, there are some dramatic elements introduced in a non sacchrine way too 

The actors do a great job, especially the younger actors. It reminds me more of the Wonder Years rather than Disney or Nick kids shows

Edited by Malfatron
  • Like 1

55 minutes ago, Malfatron said:

Agreed.Its a completely different style of show than TBBT. No laughtrack, and them not trying to do a punchline on every line really helps . Its definitely not a broad comedy

The direction is single cam rather than a flat sitcom look

Also, there are some dramatic elements introduced in a non sacchrine way too 

The actors do a great job, especially the younger actors. It reminds me more of the Wonder Years rather than Disney or Nick kids shows

A couple of my kids really enjoyed Young Sheldon so they tried to watch The Big Band Theory and absolutely hated it.

But agreed on the charm of Young Sheldon, terrific character work on the episodes I got to watch when I was in the room with them, and that was with me not even having the full picture.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, THE DUKE said:

A couple of my kids really enjoyed Young Sheldon so they tried to watch The Big Band Theory and absolutely hated it.

But agreed on the charm of Young Sheldon, terrific character work on the episodes I got to watch when I was in the room with them, and that was with me not even having the full picture.

There’s another spinoff coming from the young Sheldon show.

43 minutes ago, jetsfan4life51 said:

Really enjoyed both seasons of Traitors.  Liked season 2 a little more, probably because there were 3 members from The Challenge.  I liked the all celebrity cast as well.

I want them to incorporate more mafia rules. Give them a cop, or watcher or something. 

It was cool to see them incorporate challenge players into it this year. 

Alan cumming is great hamming it up

• Like 2

23 hours ago, Ray Reed said:

Shogun rules

Getting a lot of content for my AP World class too. Just don’t tell the school system i’m using my hotspot to pull up the episodes 

Glad I'm not the only one enjoying it.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Fresh Prince said:

Only going to be one season. 

I assumed that.  there's one book.  The TV mini series in the 80s was like a week long with two hours a night.  Doesn't diminish the great story or awesome cinematography.

On 3/6/2024 at 12:50 PM, Nazgul said:

I didn’t like the movie (I watched it after the show), because scenes that took an entire episode were done in moments within the time constraints of a movie. 

As I'm watching, I can say Leo woodall is a substantially better fit for the role of Dex than Jim Sturgess was. 

4 hours ago, Forge said:

As I'm watching, I can say Leo woodall is a substantially better fit for the role of Dex than Jim Sturgess was. 

There are certain scenes where the subtleties of Leo’s acting were incredible. Like facial expressions, etc. I think he was the standout of the series for me. 

• Like 1

It's hard to think of a show falling off as hard as Ozark has in season four. I've got a couple of episodes left but I don't see the stupid spiral stopping at this point. I saw the decline starting mid season three but there was still a lot of merit, but it's just gotten worse.

1 hour ago, thebestever6 said:

I watched the pilot for Chucky and I was very impressed I'm gonna binge it.

It's a fun show, though how off the walls it gets at times can almost feel a bit much for me, but still keep up with it anyway.

I guess the strikes and stuff caused some delays, but this latest season took a break halfway through. Starts back up April 10th though.

1 hour ago, TitanLegend said:

It's a fun show, though how off the walls it gets at times can almost feel a bit much for me, but still keep up with it anyway.

I guess the strikes and stuff caused some delays, but this latest season took a break halfway through. Starts back up April 10th though.

it seems movie esque to me very well done.