What TV Show Are You Watching?

Adrenaline_Flux

On 8/17/2018 at 11:05 AM, Bullet Club said:

Yes. It has a massive audience so people are going to like it regardless, but to me it had a drop in quality in season 4. 

On 8/17/2018 at 11:20 AM, Forge said:

It was always going to come down from the heights of season 2, that was just a remarkable season for the most part. But that's like saying Buffy went downhill after it's Apex in season 2. Sure, none of the other seasons quite measured up to that one, but it was still better than most of the crap put out there. 

I don't have any issues with the show. The quality in some aspects can be a little up and down, but it's ability to create anti heroes, paint characters into incredibly morally ambiguous and gray areas is top notch. They legitimately made a character who started off as the vixenish sex pot scary as hell this season, which is impressive. They've made one of the least likable characters on the show rather entertaining and likable (though under utilized). It's not Jamie Lannister in game of thrones type character reversal, but for network tv teen drama, I thought that they did pretty well. And the action has always been phenomenal. I think they may be using the big season finale epic situation as a crutch a little bit too much, but it has largely worked for the most part. 

Don't get me wrong it's still a fine show, but to me it's just dropped off. Don't know if it's my personal tastes or the actual show, I'd say a mix of both.

On 8/17/2018 at 1:56 PM, August4th said:

big news in the world of TV

Man 2019 is going to be a hell of a year to be a D.C Fan....supposedly changing a lot of things for this version of watchmen, I hope it does well.

On 8/17/2018 at 2:05 PM, Fl0nkerton said:

Finished the most recent season of Fargo this week. Thought it started off kinda slow, but once it picked up I couldn't stop watching.

(Hnnnng Mary Elizabeth Winstead)

I'd probably rank it:

-Season 1

-Season 3

-Season 2 

Also watching Castle Rock. Like what I've seen so far.

Enjoy the wait for season 4. I wouldn't expect it any sooner than 2020 with Noah Hawley basically being tied up with Legion and whatever else for a long while. 

On 8/17/2018 at 9:43 PM, freak_of_nature said:

Has anyone watched Strange Angel?

I recommend it, highly. Has anyone caught this? Based on the life of Jack Parsons (and the 05' biography of the same name). It's only 10 episodes but really good. I'm hoping for a 2nd season. It's on CBS All Access. Strong character development, the sex cult, layered without being complicated, rocket science. Nice stuff.

9rqk7dxnFNuMpSTUVgF9UHvjcyl.jpg

On 8/17/2018 at 1:34 AM, DingoLadd said:

I finally caught up on the 100.

The show really went downhill man, I knew it would eventually because it was a teen drama but it was sooooo good.

I remember binge watching the first two seasons with my wife and loving it. Then the 3rd season starts up and I had to double check that we were still watching the same show. Think we gave up by the 3rd or 4th episode of season 3.  Which was a shame because that show was great in the beginning. 

• Like 1