What TV Show Are You Watching?

Adrenaline_Flux

Maniac is quite different than I was expecting, and I am not sure yet how I feel about it overall. But one thing is for sure, Emma Stone sure as hell can act. She crushes each of her characters in this show. Its crazy to think that she is just getting started at only 29. She really is likable and down to earth from all reports as well. A really fun talent.

51 minutes ago, BroncosFan2010 said:

Maniac is quite different than I was expecting, and I am not sure yet how I feel about it overall. But one thing is for sure, Emma Stone sure as hell can act. She crushes each of her characters in this show. Its crazy to think that she is just getting started at only 29. She really is likable and down to earth from all reports as well. A really fun talent.

thats definitely true. she is a great actress.

i am not fond of the overall structure of maniac though. its an excuse to get emma and jonah to play a variety of different characters

On 9/13/2018 at 3:40 PM, BroncosFan2010 said:

The new season of Ozarks was a borderline masterpiece IMO. The first season was 'meh this is interesting enough' but the second season was just nuts. So much constantly happening without feeling overwhelming. It would be so easy to write such a fast paced season in a totally unbelievable or way, way over the top type way and while alot was a bit exaggerated compared to reality, it never felt totally out of the realm of reality. I usually prefer slow burns but this show has got me. The tone, acting, writing, the huge swings in momentum for and against the family, its just so crazy but smooth at the same time. Just loved season 2.

Agreed.  watched the whole thing last week.  Great season.

• Like 1

Finished Insatiable last night. Really, really, REALLY dark comedy. It kind of falls into a lull mid-season, but ramps up into a pretty effed up story. Lotta spots that made me feel a bit uncomfortable, but I think that was the intent - uncomfortable, really cringeworthy moments through the whole story. 

Debby Ryan did a great job, really broke away from her Disney roots with this one.

1 hour ago, Tyty said:

Just finished the pilot of Six Feet Under. Kinda a weird creepy vibe to the show also the mom is like incomparably annoying but I’m thinking it might be pretty decent. 

I have a couple friends who highly recommended the show to me, but I never got around to watching it.

I started watching The Rain on Netflix. I'm two and a half episodes in, it's a little bit too dark/intense for my wife, so I have limited time when I can watch it, but I'm enjoying it a lot thus far. Reminds me a bit of 28 Days Later/Dark/Helix all mashed into one.

I started watching The Rain on Netflix. I'm two and a half episodes in, it's a little bit too dark/intense for my wife, so I have limited time when I can watch it, but I'm enjoying it a lot thus far. Reminds me a bit of 28 Days Later/Dark/Helix all mashed into one.

Ya, this show was a pleasant suprise. I wouldnt say that its great, but its definatley worth a watch and if you love post-apoclyptic shows/movies like me, it will do enough to satisfy your appetite.