2022 Coaching Candidates

BroncoBruin

9 hours ago, AnAngryAmerican said:

I’m not so sure. O’Brein and Watson didn’t get along from reports I’ve read and with Houston almost certainly hiring another New England coach, my bet is on Watson being moved. 

Oh I can see him being moved if Houston wants but I think it's on them.  Frankly if I was them I think I would see what I could get for him and go from there..................but if I'm not getting much he stays

That was a quintessential Shanahan Offense, really. Unbelievable in the early going then as soon as the misdirection gets figured out, the yardage stops.

What's quite interesting is that UK TV coverage has Shaun Gayle as an analyst (anyone old enough to know the 85 Bears will know Shaun).

When the 49ers were rolling he said watch out for Quinn making adjustments based on his years working with Kyle, and that definitely came to fruition.

How good is Deebo Samuel, though?? My God, that guy can play.

• Like 1

Already interviewed

Lions DC Aaron Glenn

Packers OC Nathaniel Hackett

Packers QB Coach Luke Getsy

Still to interview (eliminated)

Cowboys DC Dan Quinn

Cowboys OC Kellen Moore

Patriots ILB Coach Jerod Mayo

Eagles DC Jonathan Gannon

Still to interview (still in playoffs)

Chiefs OC Eric Bieniemy

Bengals OC Brian Callahan

Rams OC Kevin O’Connell (If Rams win MNF)

Four of our candidates were eliminated at the weekend so should be a busy week for Paton interviewing those guys 

19 minutes ago, paul-mac said:

Already interviewed

Lions DC Aaron Glenn

Packers OC Nathaniel Hackett

Packers QB Coach Luke Getsy

Still to interview (eliminated)

Cowboys DC Dan Quinn

Cowboys OC Kellen Moore

Patriots ILB Coach Jerod Mayo

Eagles DC Jonathan Gannon

Still to interview (still in playoffs)

Chiefs OC Eric Bieniemy

Bengals OC Brian Callahan

Rams OC Kevin O’Connell (If Rams win MNF)

Four of our candidates were eliminated at the weekend so should be a busy week for Paton interviewing those guys 

From what I saw in the season and this weekend.
Far from being impressed by Kellen Moore's attack, I think he needs 1 or 2 seasons to mature. The game plan at the start of the match was bad, following the example of what we saw against Denver already, but good adaptation afterwards in the 2nd half.
Dan Quin's defense is extremely aggressive and could costing points but she has to find weaknesses in SF's attack to give the attack a chance to get back into the game.
The Eagles have been overtaken by Grandpa Brady and I don't quite understand what Paton sees in Gannon.
The mayo is not good and Buffalo did what he wanted. Congratulations to Daboll........
The Chiefs rely on Mahomes, Kelce and Hill, we all know that. Bieniemy is not phenomenal without them.
I remain intrigued by the defensive performances of Detroit and Aaron Glenn who, despite having players well below most teams, is doing quite well.
On the Packers side, if Jordan Love's performances show a few things, it's that in the absence of Rodgers, they are very meager and that should raise an alert on Hackett and Getsy.
The best candidate so far remains for me Brian Callahan who succeeded in developing Burrow. Cincinnati is dangerous on runs and passes. Good balance.

Edited by French Fan

3 hours ago, lomaxgrUK said:

That was a quintessential Shanahan Offense, really. Unbelievable in the early going then as soon as the misdirection gets figured out, the yardage stops.

What's quite interesting is that UK TV coverage has Shaun Gayle as an analyst (anyone old enough to know the 85 Bears will know Shaun).

When the 49ers were rolling he said watch out for Quinn making adjustments based on his years working with Kyle, and that definitely came to fruition.

How good is Deebo Samuel, though?? My God, that guy can play.

Deebo is an animal. 

Classic Shanny - unbelievable scheme / plan to start with.   Less impressive adjustment once D’s figure it out.  And then JimmyG weaknesses  appear in 2H.    

Dallas played so poorly they didn’t deserve to be in the game.  Shanny failure to adjust well and punting 2x on 4th and 1 & JimmyG 2H really brought them back.   They won’t get away with that vs. A-Rod and a fundamentally sound GB team and HC who won’t be nearly as conservative or poor at clock management as McCarthy was yesterday.  

3 hours ago, jsthomp2007 said:

I think McCarthy gets axed today for the end of the game fiasco yesterday (and he should be fired), and I think the Cowboys promote Quinn to HC.  Next up, Hackett as HC to the Broncos, Getsy as OC, and the Broncos trade for Jimmy G. The DC?  Who knows? Zimmer, maybe? 

I don't think Garropolo is really an upgrade !!! I prefer Callahan and try Lock or a Rookie. He made a great things in Cincinnati.

If McCarthy is fired , this is Kellen Moore to HC not Quinn. Jerry cannot take the risk to lose Moore.

Hackett for me is my second choice behind Callahan.

I do get a kick out of assessing the worthiness of a HC candidate based on the results of one game. Jacksonville had a great final game of the year. Should we be looking to hire Darrell Bevell specifically on the basis of their win over the Colts?

Also, while Shanahan coached a great game, I would argue Dallas' defense was the strong point, letting up 23 points, 7 of which came on a short field. If anyone deserves criticism it's Moore/McCarthy after that performance.

Anyway, will be interesting to see what happens now that the Dallas coordinators are eliminated. I imagine one of them gets snapped up quickly. If we don't snap up Quinn soon, then I would expect to see Hackett be named HC.

• Like 1