Week 8: Packers @ Cardinals on Thursday Night Football - Packers Win 24-21! Move to 7-1!

FAH1223

Arizona isn’t going 17-0. They might be favoured in every game they play, but you know at some point they’re gonna drop a game or two to an inferior opponent. With all the weirdness going into a Thursday night game, I see no reason why it can’t be against us. 

• Like 3

12 minutes ago, NFLGURU said:

Get the running game going and we will hang with them.  Could be one of those Rodgers spreads it around and finds a way games.

This is it- Arizona had a poor run defense.  They are giving up explosive runs on 17% of all opponents rush attempts.  Rodgers and LaFleur MUST shorten the game and try to control the game on the ground.  Myers being out is a huge bummer.

With Adams out more than likely I have my doubts.  While the Cards have indeed struggled a bit against the run without having to double Adams I would think they'll have extra help in the box.  It certainly gives them options they wouldn't otherwise have to a degree.   Serious doubts.   No Adams, Bak, and Alexander changes the complexity of things in this game big time..

Edited by 15412

I don't think this game is about Adams at all.

This game is about the defense. If they can take the next step and improve upon past defenses vs good teams, the Packers will always have a shot. If it's the same ole same ole and they give up 38, then Adams wouldn't have mattered anyway. This offense isn't built or designed for shootouts like the days of MM.

Of course defense matters.  But a player the caliber of D Adams is a game changer.  Not just directly in the plays he can make, but more indirectly in the schemes the opposing defense can successfully use.  Extra man in the box and pin your ears back Watt and Jones.  Go get him.

Not that we still can't beat them, but we're really going to have to be on our game and they will have to be a bit off theirs.  It's simply a different game without Adams and Bak and Alexander out change things too.

At this point, I'm treating this week as a lost cause and the only thing I'm hoping for is no injuries. The bigger issue is hoping we get 17 and 13 (and whoever else joins them) back for KC because Malik Taylor has been on the COVID list since October 15 so it's far from a certainty that Adams and Lazard even come back for next week.