Week 8: Packers @ Cardinals on Thursday Night Football - Packers Win 24-21! Move to 7-1!

FAH1223

3 minutes ago, packfanfb said:

Serious question though given the Adams news. Do we really think that COVID is going anywhere in the next 5-10 years? So at what point does the league stop with these automatic "you can't play" sanctions just because you have tested positive for COVID, but might not even be sick? It's an unprecedented time where professional athletes are being forced to miss games despite otherwise being perfectly fine. Conversely, we've watched athletes play through serious cases of the flu and other illnesses (guys literally puking on the field, etc.) Going to be interesting to see how the league handles this in the upcoming years because COVID is probably here to stay. 

My thing is when will they take players health more serious and keep more players out over other infectious diseases. 

52 minutes ago, skibrett15 said:

I wouldn't expect to win this game on the road in the first place.

Fully healthy the Packers would steamroll through this game. Now? I’m content treating it like a preseason game. Give Rodgers and whoever else isnt injured/on the Covid list a few drives and then turn it over to Love rest of the way. 

This game looked like a schedule loss anyway with them going on the road on a short week vs a top tier team, so I guess if there's one week to have the COVID breakout it was this one

Packers gonna be without 4 of their All-Pro players against the only unbeaten team. I just hope they get out of the game with no other serious injuries at this point. Give themselves a few extra days and regroup for the Chiefs. Gotta find a way to split these next 2 which was probably best case scenario anyway.

• Like 4

24 minutes ago, PackFiend said:

Fully healthy the Packers would steamroll through this game. Now? I’m content treating it like a preseason game. Give Rodgers and whoever else isnt injured/on the Covid list a few drives and then turn it over to Love rest of the way. 

I dont think the Packers would start Love.  Its not the Packers mantra.  They go full bore with Rodgers and if/when it gets out of hand Love comes in.  I wouldn't rule Rodgers or anyone else out of having COVID seeing how they sweated, hugged and slobbered all over each other at the game.  I'd be very surprised if some more players didn't come down with it in the coming weeks.  

1 hour ago, packfanfb said:

Serious question though given the Adams news. Do we really think that COVID is going anywhere in the next 5-10 years? So at what point does the league stop with these automatic "you can't play" sanctions just because you have tested positive for COVID, but might not even be sick? It's an unprecedented time where professional athletes are being forced to miss games despite otherwise being perfectly fine. Conversely, we've watched athletes play through serious cases of the flu and other illnesses (guys literally puking on the field, etc.) Going to be interesting to see how the league handles this in the upcoming years because COVID is probably here to stay. 

No I don't think Covid is going anywhere... especially since (my guess) more than 40% aren't even trying to improve it...

I'm seriously tried of the false argument that athletes are being "forced"... regular day people might be forced... NFL players aren't... they don't have to get the shots, and their own union promoting even more testing and "you can't play" rules than the NFL, so this narrative that it's the NFL is BS... 

As long as there is no huge harm nor mega negative PR the NFL truely doesn't care at all, except for the money...

If anyone is forcing them, it's their own Union, which they are least as a majority group, seem to support and supposively have control over...

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Norm said:

Forfeit please

I have wondered if teams could do that, and rest for a future game, I'm thinking the backlash would be too huge to ever do that...

25 minutes ago, Leader said:

Paul Bretl -   Will MVS be ready to go? We don’t know that yet, but LaFleur says “there’s hope”—take that as you will.

I'm doubting it, I would of thought he would of been practicing last week if he had a chance...

Plus, honestly I'm not sure if having MVS would be a plus or a minus... I love Rodgers, I love MVS, but I absolutely hate the Rodgers/MVS chemistry, as just too often they seem to be on different pages of where the ball should be... I think part of the problem is MVS learning Rodgers mind, and part of the problem Rodgers struggles to adjust for MVS speed.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Beast said:

Plus, honestly I'm not sure if having MVS would be a plus or a minus... I love Rodgers, I love MVS, but I absolutely hate the Rodgers/MVS chemistry, as just too often they seem to be on different pages of where the ball should be... I think part of the problem is MVS learning Rodgers mind, and part of the problem Rodgers struggles to adjust for MVS speed.

Having a healthy MVS back would be a plus IMO. He stretches the secondary - keeps it honest - plus - hits on some long gainers. I dont see a downside.

1 hour ago, Arthur Penske said:

Fair, but what are they without Adam’s, Bak, MVS, Jaire, Z, etc?

And I remember the last stretch without Adams was all against weaker defenses...

Like I said if Alexander only mixed 3 games we would be alright as it was all weaker offenses...

Cardinals aren't weaker on either side... my opinion is Packers have no chance of winning with all these injuries unless they dominant their offensive run game and win the turn over battle. Though Bahk, Preston Smith and King being healthy, would give them a much better chance than without them.

Edited by Beast

1 minute ago, Beast said:

I have wondered if teams could do that, and rest for a future game, I'm thinking the backlash would be too huge to ever do that...

It would be what the NFL deserves. They threatened teams with an outbreak from unvaccinated players could end in a forfeit. So what if the Packers have a breakout among all vaccinated guys then what do they do? Postpone or force us to play with all the practice squad guys? 

This happening on a short week brings in a lot of other variables you wouldn't otherwise have. There is no game to substitute for National TV. If the Packers become extremely weakened by this outbreak they could very easily move the game back to Sunday when Green Bay would likely be close to full strength. Would they do that and give up the Thursday night draw because of the Packers fan base? We may find out.