Week 8: Packers @ Cardinals on Thursday Night Football - Packers Win 24-21! Move to 7-1!

FAH1223

6 hours ago, Sasquatch said:

It’s now Friday, and if I’m correct, I’m pretty sure our second string beat the number one team in the NFL yesterday, no?  Did that really happen?

They beat former number one team, in their house, with some of their exes helping to deliver the dagger, yes. 

27 minutes ago, Arthur Penske said:

Well, many got to see what Jerry at DC would be like after asking for him to be the guy for Pettine in season firing. That small sample has me wishing it would have occurred. 

Is it a compliment to be called a ‘gangster’ by one of the most least gangster sounding and looking guys out there lol ?!

• Like 3

Rodgers had some really good throws.  The Tonyan completion, he was wide open yes, but the throw was right there to catch it and run.  One of the TD throws to Cobb was very quick and sharp, the defense made an error but Rodgers threw a strike.  The other TD to Cobb, that was a fantastic catch, how he got it with the defenders arm right in there was startling.  Not sure whether that was a good throwing decision, or whether it was placed well.  But that was a huge play, especially by Cobb.  

I thought there were some other throws that weren't always so crisp.  EQ made a terrific catch on one ball where Rodgers threw it down at his ankles for no evident reason, it could have been so much easier of a catch if the ball was up by 1-4 feet.

1 minute ago, Leader said:

Paul Bretl -   17 pressures generated by the Packers last night, according to PFF. Lowry, P. Smith, and Mercilus led the way with 3 each.

Z is our finisher. If we get him back, even if he's limited to pass rush situations only, this defense could turn into something pretty darn good. 

Rodgers got hit and got pressure, including on the funny-picture one, and on the 4th down goal-line fail.  But box-score, he had only a single sack, and that was for zero yards on one where he was close to scrambling for a short gain.  Credit to the o-line and the various chippers and running backs. 

Just now, craig said:

Rodgers had some really good throws.  The Tonyan completion, he was wide open yes, but the throw was right there to catch it and run.  One of the TD throws to Cobb was very quick and sharp, the defense made an error but Rodgers threw a strike.  The other TD to Cobb, that was a fantastic catch, how he got it with the defenders arm right in there was startling.  Not sure whether that was a good throwing decision, or whether it was placed well.  But that was a huge play, especially by Cobb.  

I thought there were some other throws that weren't always so crisp.  EQ made a terrific catch on one ball where Rodgers threw it down at his ankles for no evident reason, it could have been so much easier of a catch if the ball was up by 1-4 feet.

How about it was off platform against his body as a reason? I thought Troy Aikman did a great job of describing what a great throw that was given Rodgers body position and the pocket closing in on him. 

It was also a a very nice grab by EQ. 

1 minute ago, Old Guy said:

True, but we also left a whole lot of points on the field. It really could have been a blowout in our favor. 

Yeah said that last night that we easily could have won by 14-17. That's just wild. 

We made them look so pedestrian and they hadn't lost. Maybe they slept on us like we've done time to time

Just now, Norm said:

Yeah said that last night that we easily could have won by 14-17. That's just wild. 

We made them look so pedestrian and they hadn't lost. Maybe they slept on us like we've done time to time

I got into a discussion with @incognito_man that they were one of the worst 7-0 teams in history. I actually stand by that comment. They have talent but you can pound the ball on them and there were deep shots to be taken, but we had nobody who could get deep. 

I hope we see them in the playoffs. I don't think they are built to come to Lambeau. Although, I said that about the Vick led Falcons too. That didn't work out so well. 

• Like 1

Deguara was involved in two nice plays.  One a kinda awkward fullback throw at the line in which he stumbled for about 8.  And another on a nice little pass.  Obviously he's a much shorter, smaller guy than Tonyan, so he's not going to be used as a chipper in the same way that Tonyan so often is.  Very different player and role.  

But it seems like he's getting some fairly regular snaps, 16 yesterday, I think he's been in the 11-15 range the previous 3 games.  Maybe with Daffney back that isn't going to grow much; but perhaps with Tonyan out maybe it will?  Seemed he was an early option on both of his receptions yesterday.   Might be an option where he's going to get a couple more targets or be an earlier checkdown option now, in Bobby's absence?  Would be fun if Deguara would start to emerge as useful player.

I'm totally amateur and don't have All22.  A couple weeks ago I thought there was some faulting of Deguara's blocking.  I don't always see, and am hardly watching for that.  But I thought both last week and this week, there were a couple of plays where he applied some very effective blocks, too?  So maybe his all-around game is started to stabilize?  

In the National Injury League, one man's injury is another guy's opportunity.  Perhaps a little bit of that will apply for Deguara?