Is Baker Mayfield worth an extension

soflbillsfan

Bakers not getting a contract extension,  he will at best be getting the Cousins/Dak treatment 100% Guaranteed. 

He'll get his 5th year option ,depending on that play and the Browns success or lack there of Franchised after that (2023). Only a AFCCG/SB appearance will determine whether a  FTag #2 or a contract extension occurs. 2022 and 2023 are already mapped out IMO. 

Edited by Nabbs4u

8 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

Ladies and gentleman we have just found Baker's agent's burner account!!! 

You sir are not fooling anyone now!!! 

I’ve been adamant about not Carr, not Matt Ryan or any other shrimpy and/or rag armed quarterback the Browns have ever drafted for that reason. 

58 minutes ago, Forge said:
1 hour ago, biggie. said:

If Seattle puts Wilson on the block, Cleveland needs to be all over it.

I thought so too... But given what cities were on his trade list, I'm guessing he may not be keen on waiving for Cleveland

Yeah they should get a guy who can’t put up or throw touchdowns with Metcalf and Lockett…

13 minutes ago, Tk3 said:

Imagine arguing on behalf of Baker, while deriding Russell Wilson

Imagine

Who’s arguing on behalf of Baker? I’m known as the Baker hater in our forum and if you don’t believe me check it out yourself. That said, you’d better have an obvious upgrade in place. Russ has played HORRENDOUS FOOTBALL since the halfway point of the 2020 season. If I’m guaranteed another 6+ years of the guy who he was before the past season, then sign me up.

7 minutes ago, MWil23 said:

@Tk3 this is now the third time I’ve specifically asked you for clarification on arguing on behalf of Baker and you’ve made that statement and disappeared. I’m not sure what exactly you think I’m saying or arguing for him. 

Any time anyone suggests anything you give an implication that your best option is to stick with Baker

Just now, Tk3 said:

Any time anyone suggests anything you give an implication that your best option is to stick with Baker

For a fifth year option at a fraction of the price as opposed to an oft injured Jimmy G, trading multiple firsts for Derek Carr (LOL), and pointing out that Russ has played miserably over the past year I absolutely stand by. I’ve also said I’d be fine trading for Russ, but that he’s not exactly the guy he was a few years ago either. It’s not all on him and could absolutely be partly scheme and OL, but he shoulders plenty of blame too.