Week 9: Packers @ Chiefs - GB loses 13-7, falls to 7-2!

FAH1223

19 minutes ago, Malfatron said:

are they wrong though if many people picked the cards at that line?

Correct, the line is not set on who they think will win the game as much as it is placing the number to get even action on both sides. Lopsided action is not where they want to be.  

12 hours ago, VonKarman said:

No, King is our 3rd best CB. Yiadom/SJC can be healthy scratches.

Honestly not so sure that is the case.  He hasn't impressed me very often.  Inconsistent and always hurt.  Think I'd put Douglas in that spot.  The kid has been solid.  Still maybe too early but he put together another nice game yesterday.  Feel for King anytime he tried to play physical he gets hurt.  Think his time in GB is done after the season.  He's also lost a step.  I was not against bringing him back last year only question was the $$$.  He really hasn't been playing very well.  Maybe he can turn it around but he may have just lost his job.

Alexander

Stokes

Douglas

Sullivan

KIng

Yah I'd even put Sullivan ahead of him.  

• Like 1

Gotta love the way the Packers are trending. Finding a way to win games in the face of adverse conditions, with 4 All-pro's (Bakh, Adam's, Z, Alexander) on the shelf, plus starters Lazard, MVS, King down. The Packers are growing as a team, showing resilience, and developing depth. It's hard to argue with 7 straight wins in the NFL.

Lafleur has been brilliant and Gute working it from all angles. Like I said, gotta love it.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, incognito_man said:

the KC - 2.5 vegas line scare the bejeezus outta me too

People are going to HAMMER that line after last night.

Vegas knows something we don't and I don't like that

Been making a lot of money betting against Vegas with these here Packers, just sayin - almost a lock to cover since the Saints. My take is probability points to Green Bay losing in big games with elite fronts, which is more of a football observation than a Packer observation. Data also shows that we make Phillip Rivers look like God when we play him, as well as any half way decent person who can read a defence (again relatively more a football observation than a Packers one - and there is some stickiness to these opinions). People are undervaluing our offensive line thus far, and misunderstanding our defensive issues. This is the best Packer team since 2010, and the 2010 team probably would beat them, except that somehow Rodgers might be better? Different, but better.  

Edited by oldmansmell
  • Like 1

11 hours ago, Scoremore said:

Honestly not so sure that is the case.  He hasn't impressed me very often.  Inconsistent and always hurt.  Think I'd put Douglas in that spot.  The kid has been solid.  Still maybe too early but he put together another nice game yesterday.  Feel for King anytime he tried to play physical he gets hurt.  Think his time in GB is done after the season.  He's also lost a step.  I was not against bringing him back last year only question was the $$$.  He really hasn't been playing very well.  Maybe he can turn it around but he may have just lost his job.

Alexander

Stokes

Douglas

Sullivan

KIng

Yah I'd even put Sullivan ahead of him.  

That’s what I’ve been thinking about . I feel very comfortable with Douglas out there. More so than King. I think Douglas needs to play but I’m not sure what alignment I’d use as I do like Jaire locking down the other teams alpha. 

17 hours ago, incognito_man said:

the KC - 2.5 vegas line scare the bejeezus outta me too

People are going to HAMMER that line after last night.

Vegas knows something we don't and I don't like that

Vegas knows that people have been over-betting on KC and under-betting on the Packers. It's pretty simple. My guess is Vegas has made a ton on the Chiefs games so far this year. Probably done pretty well on the Packers as well.

I'd be curious to see where the KC lines have moved after initially being set. I'd guess they move up. As someone else pointed out, I think this line moves the other way after Thursday's game. 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Jaire_Island said:

Davante adams 1st game back after missing a week or two was always ugly for Packers in the past..

The Chiefs defense reminds me of the Packers 2011 defense. I'm not sure the offense is as good though. I don't think we had a weakness on that offense, anywhere. 

2 hours ago, Jaire_Island said:

Jaire only plays right side of the field as far as I remember. That’s his strength. He was not going with opposing team Alpha. 

He was tried playing left 2 years back and got burned in dallas game. Since then he was playing only right. 

That was under Pettine. With Barry he traveled more irc.

3 hours ago, Jaire_Island said:

Davante adams 1st game back after missing a week or two was always ugly for Packers in the past..

Hopefully this is just non symptomatic COVID precaution. If he shakes that off, he shouldn’t have any heavy injury to work through and might have gotten to rehab any smaller issues. If anything, it’s about our QB still willing to keep the offense diverse when he comes back. We can beat teams with more than just 17 but we need to find that balance when he is back. 

• Like 1