Week 9: Packers @ Chiefs - GB loses 13-7, falls to 7-2!

FAH1223

I feel this way every week, but I feel like the Packers offense will be key. 

• Make first downs, keep the ball, drive, score. 
  • Get your points, limit the chances for the Chiefs, and the defense will get some stops here and there. 
  • But it's really the responsibility of the offense to be getting first downs, converting 3rd downs, and getting points on the board. 
  • TD not FG would certainly help. 
  • Short yardage and goal-line conversion would certainly help. 
  • Running effectively has to be a part of that, it's what we do. 
  • But even in the Packers offense, there aren't all THAT many first downs that are accomplished by run alone.  Rodgers will need to be mixing in completions. 
  • Pass sets up the run, so effective passing will also enable effective running, too. 

11 hours ago, Pugger said:

Listless is an appropriate description of the body language of that team.   A team with this kind of talent shouldn't be .500.  I hope they stay this way for another week...

I dunno, KC is kind of a stars-and-scrubs team - beyond Mahomes/Kelce/Hill, do they really have any other players who rate above a JAG? And it's about that level on D. It's just that their stars are good enough to elevate those around them....but when they aren't, you're screwed. 

One might say the same about GB, but I feel like in addition to our skill trinity (Rodgers/Jones/Adams) there are 2 OLs (Jenkins and Bakh) that really put the offense over. 

58 minutes ago, Mr Bad Example said:

I dunno, KC is kind of a stars-and-scrubs team - beyond Mahomes/Kelce/Hill, do they really have any other players who rate above a JAG? And it's about that level on D. It's just that their stars are good enough to elevate those around them....but when they aren't, you're screwed. 

Chris Jones and Honey Badger are really good players, and they have a couple of good OL. True though that, when you have a handful of expensive stars, the rest of your team is going to be a bit JAG-ish--especially where the Chiefs draft and not hitting on their last couple of drafts.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, TheEagle said:

Chris Jones and Honey Badger are really good players, and they have a couple of good OL. True though that, when you have a handful of expensive stars, the rest of your team is going to be a bit JAG-ish--especially where the Chiefs draft and not hitting on their last couple of drafts.

Well that bolded part sounds vaguely familiar (i.e. the latter part of the Thompson regime, where he seemed unable to find more than a couple serviceable players per draft). 

There's no absolute law that says when you have a handful of stars, the team has to be full of JAGs, but that's dependent on your personnel people keeping a flow of cheap non-JAGs coming in the draft (or as UFAs). 

Edited by Mr Bad Example
  • Like 1