Week 9: Packers @ Chiefs - GB loses 13-7, falls to 7-2!

FAH1223

6 minutes ago, packfanfb said:

Yup, need 17 back. 83 and 13 will be back. Also hope they plan to get 69 back in there for this game and not wait until next week. We need our full offense back together for this one. 

Having 17, 13, 83, and 69 back will make our Green 19 work much better...

Deguara was the other interview besides MLF.  He took full responsibility for the delay-of-game play at the goal line.  

MLF confirmed that Bakhti and MVS practiced, but was non-committal about whether they'd be activated or play.  

He was positive about Deguara's performance.  And despite the Deguara lineup blunder, MLF continued to praise what a smart football player Deguara is.  I assume Deguara will get an increase in snaps, and will be doing a lot of blocking on Sunday. he got 16 snaps last week; I imagine this will be his first ≥20-snaps game of his career?

4 hours ago, deltarich87 said:

Still no guarantee they have Davante this week....but still has the rest of the week to hopefully get 2 negative tests. Good news on the other guys though

Either MLF is a dwarf of Z is a giant. Look at the disparity between the two. 

1 minute ago, FAH1223 said:

Mahomes looks like his confidence is shot 

Like, a literal shell of his former self.  Something ain’t right with him.  That said, the light could go on at anytime.  Hoping it stays off for another week at least.  Kelce looks equally as spent - their whole damn team looks listless. 

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, Sasquatch said:

Like, a literal shell of his former self.  Something ain’t right with him.  That said, the light could go on at anytime.  Hoping it stays off for another week at least.  Kelce looks equally as spent - their whole damn team looks listless. 

Listless is an appropriate description of the body language of that team.   A team with this kind of talent shouldn't be .500.  I hope they stay this way for another week...

• Like 3

I like games where the Packers just beat the other team.  We make a lot of good plays, we've got more talent, we've got a better plan, we play well and earn the win. 

But  sometimes you win when the other team loses and out-mistake you.  AJ Green goofs up.  Taylor Heinecke slides too early and gives away a TD.  Rothlisberger just misses some open throws.

I think the Packers have the capacity to outplay the Chiefs and just win it, **IF** they play really well and execute.  (Particularly if Adams, Bakhti, and MVS are back, and if no significant new injuries emerge.)  

But it's also possible that KC will out-mistake us and lose it, even if the Packers don't necessarily go out and win it?  I hate to ever count on that, because that's when an opposing QB doesn't throw any picks, and the opponent only ends up with 3 trivial penalties.  The cliche is to control what you can control, and the Packers can't really control how many mistakes the Chiefs might make.  

Certainly part of Rodgers' career success story is being conservative, and NOT turning it over.  That will probably remain true again versus the Chiefs. 

• Like 1