Rams trade for Von Miller

Blackstar12

I respect the Rams cause they see a window and they  dump everything they have into that window. Not many GM's/teams have the balls to make moves like this but there is no question their defense is absolutely terrifying now.

In 4-5 years will the Rams be a competitive team? Probably not, but if you come away with a ring or two who really cares? Go get the SB and worry about the rebuild when it comes.

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, MWil23 said:

The Rams are a walking thesis showing how teams really over-value draft picks. I'm being pretty serious tbh. I'm sure there's a middle ground, but this is a good get for them.

Draft picks next year aren't going to help them win a super bowl this year

Just now, Forge said:

that's assuming that you guys make no free agent moves yourselves. It's pretty easy to cancel out a fifth 

We normally do not. And next year we'll have zero reason to honestly. We will need to re-sign three offensive linemen, Darious Williams, Sebastian Joseph-Day and now Von.

We can make room to sign most of them by extending Stafford I think - coupled with a nice fat cap spike.

Another aspect of this that might be nuts: trading Kenny Young and DJax is opening up space - and we're not using that space - which means we can carry it over if we don't make another move. So the Rams may have just gotten Miller AND allowed us to roll over space enough to sign one of the above offensive linemen next year.

• Like 1

Just now, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

uhhhhh no you don't?

The bolded picks are now gone. This list was accurate as-of the Sony Michel trade (Kenny Young compensation was all 2024).

You guys have one pick next year lol

we get 4 comp picks plus the pick for holmes. 8 picks in total

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, NVRamsFan said:

3 minutes ago, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

uhhhhh no you don't?

The bolded picks are now gone. This list was accurate as-of the Sony Michel trade (Kenny Young compensation was all 2024).

You guys have 2-3 picks next year: 5th round, 7th round + ???

Read above. One 5th, two 7ths, and also set to receive 5 compensatory picks. The Rams still have plenty of picks, unfortunately for us.

Edited by HoboRocket
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, AZ_Eaglesfan said:

I respect the Rams cause they see a window and they  dump everything they have into that window. Not many GM's/teams have the balls to make moves like this but there is no question their defense is absolutely terrifying now.

In 4-5 years will the Rams be a competitive team? Probably not, but if you come away with a ring or two who really cares? Go get the SB and worry about the rebuild when it comes.

There is no replacing AD and Ramsey anyways. Those dudes are pretty much unique in NFL history. So yea 4-5 years from now will be a struggle but this window will stay open for several years. We still have at least 7 draft picks after all this for next year, and might keep space to sign more of our own guys. This is just crazy.

4 minutes ago, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

uhhhhh no you don't?

You guys have 2-3 picks next year: 5th round, 7th round + ???

They're late picks, but I'm pretty sure at this point that's all our scouts focus on anyways lol. Some good finds on day 3 the last few years.