Rams trade for Von Miller

Blackstar12

2 minutes ago, Kirill said:

Congratulations on getting Von Miller. I'll leave it at that. Theres no talking sense into Rams fans today.

To be fair I'm sure you're jumping for joy Von is a Ram too. Now Mahomes has 1 less sack master to to be lurking over his shoulder 2x a year for the next few seasons. 

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Kirill said:

This is why this won't work over the long term. The pecking order is too established with such a high cap number going to Donald, Ramsey, Stafford, and Miller. Theres no incentive for anybody else to play hard unless it's to earn a payday from a different team. This takes away the power McVay holds as a coach.

Aaron Paul What GIF by Breaking Bad

• Like 6

2 hours ago, Shanedorf said:

So far -  they don't have jack diddly squat to show for all of their aggressiveness-
They were embarrassed in the SB and they were manhandled in the playoffs last year.

That makes the "ring or 2" comment kinda silly at this juncture.

Their window is wide open for a good 3 more years.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Thelonebillsfan said:

This isn't even really a mortgage the future move. Von still has some gas left for another couple years, might be so effective they won't even need that 2nd rounder or adding him may be of the equivalent player value.

Rams just know how to operate. God they're scary.

Yeah when it comes to the draft with comp picks and then the Rams trade a lot in the draft the Rams are fine. Plus the Rams do a great job finding guys in the 3rd round or later. 

I love this move to get Miller. Already lead the league in sacks and now you get another excellent pass rusher that will be rejuvenated in LA playing on a real SB contender and playing with the best defensive player in the NFL in Donald. Should be fun and definitely dangerous for the rest of the NFL. All we need is Von to be Von for 3-4 games in the playoffs. Rams can win a SB this year and every trade they made would be worth it. 

51 minutes ago, Kirill said:

This is why this won't work over the long term. The pecking order is too established with such a high cap number going to Donald, Ramsey, Stafford, and Miller. Theres no incentive for anybody else to play hard unless it's to earn a payday from a different team. This takes away the power McVay holds as a coach.

But... on the heels of the JJ Watt injury news for Arizona, this feels like a winning chess move. It's just incredibly short sighted. Championship or bust now for LA.

That has been the strategy since we decided to trade for Stafford. And the incentive to play hard is if you don't, Aaron Donald rips your genitalia off and feeds it to you after the game. 

Probably my favourite ever Bronco. We will miss him for sure, but his strengths are wasted on this Broncos team.

He's not close to the run defender he once was; I don't care what PFF say. This Broncos team has been constantly in 3rd and 1/2/3 because of poor Run Defense, which limits Von's ability to pin his ears back and rush the passer, i.e his best trait.

He also received so many double teams/chips because of the huge lack of pass rushing talent on the rest of the team.

I can't wait to see what he can do with Aaron Donald taking up so much attention. 

Best of luck to him. His peak seasons were like nothing I've ever seen from a Broncos player. Pure dominance. Hopefully he's got enough in the tank to contribute for the Rams.

1 hour ago, Kip Smithers said:

Les Snead does not like the draft, like at all. 

He do. He is a genius in manipulating the draft. It feels like the Rams are giving all their picks away but come the end of the draft watch the Rams have made 7-11 picks this year like they normally do. Then they usually develop and hit on a few to become at least nice starters if not more. Perfect example is people have been saying for at least 3 or so years Rams need to draft OL but yet the Rams OL is still playing at a top 5 level. Why? Developing the guys they have without having a 1st round pick to draft one. Guys like Allen, Edwards, and Noteboom. 

6 minutes ago, jrry32 said:

That has been the strategy since we decided to trade for Stafford. And the incentive to play hard is if you don't, Aaron Donald rips your genitalia off and feeds it to you after the game. 

Yeah, again, congratulations on getting Von Miller. 

you’re not the first team to morgtate their future on blockbuster deals. Won’t be the last. Now it’s go win the super bowl and look like geniuses smarter than the rest of the league or lose and get bit.