Rams trade for Von Miller

Blackstar12

1 minute ago, Kirill said:

Veterans are overrated. This is true in the workplace as well, young guys are cheaper and generally more productive. 

The trades the Rams are doing have consequences they just haven’t been shown yet. It will take years to see the consequences of these decisions.

So be it.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Kirill said:

Veterans are overrated. This is true in the workplace as well, young guys are cheaper and generally more productive. 

The trades the Rams are doing have consequences they just haven’t been shown yet. It will take years to see the consequences of these decisions.

your team has overrated talent and no future in the name of draft picks. Good luck. Your like mark wahlberg in the gambler 

What are the young guys doing for the chiefs?? Lol. Consequences? They said the same thing after 18.. All out! Window will close after this year. Yeah yeah yeah. Still looking really good. Sorry, young guys can get better!! (Cam Akers, Van Jefferson, Taylor Rapp, Cooper Kupp, Robert Woods and so on).. Rams have and are developing young talent. Just look at our Oline. No one would have thought they’ll be this good. Coaching matters and the rams have that!! Despite being poached year after year! Unless Mcvay gets assassinated in his sleep, I think we’ll be good. 

• Like 3

Honestly, for all the angst about LAR's future, here's the simple reply:

Flags fly forever.

They've fixed their QB.   Their O is elite.    Their secondary is no longer nearly as good as when they had Johnson & Hill.  So rather than try and find solutions to replace both guys - they create an elite front 4 that increases the margin for error with their secondary.

If that recipe sounds familiar, it should - it's what happened to Tampa Bay last year when Vita Vea returned from injury, and the O started to incorporate more Brady concepts with crossers, and using the TE/RB more (along with 3rd WR in Antonio Brown).   We see their secondary is still thin (injuries have hurt them) and by no means even close to great - but getting pressure to the QB masked the weaknesses they had.  The same formula is being used for LAR 2022.  

The other part ppl forget - not all picks are created equal.   LAR is likely going to be in the 25+ range - that dramatically decreases the hit rate in Rds 1, 2 & 3 compared to early 1sts / 2nds / 3rds.    On the other hand, it's free capital for us, which is why Paton jumped at the deal (and far, far, far better than any comp picks you have to wait until 2023 to use, and not guaranteed what you end up with).

If there's a year to go for it with next year's pick with LAR, it's this one.   If they win it all, no one will ever say it was a bad move.  Ever.   

Edited by Broncofan
  • Like 1

I would have done this deal as the Rams but lets not pretend the Rams remaining picks have lots of value.

(assuming they pick 30th and guessing on comp pick totals)

@ 100th overall

@ 140th overall

@ 180th overall

@ 225th overall

@ 226th overall

@ 227th overall

@ 230th overall

@ 257th overall

There are not lots of examples drafts like this in the past that have helped teams all that much AFAIK.

For every Sebastian Joseph you find late you get 2 or 3 Jamil Dembys John Kellys, and Trevon Youngs.

Edited by SkippyX

1 minute ago, El Ramster said:

What are the young guys doing for the chiefs?? Lol. Consequences? They said the same thing after 18.. All out! Window will close after this year. Yeah yeah yeah. Still looking really good. Sorry, young guys can get better!! (Cam Akers, Van Jefferson, Taylor Rapp, Cooper Kupp, Robert Woods and so on).. Rams have and are developing young talent. Just look at our Oline. No one would have thought they’ll be this good. Coaching matters and the rams have that!! Despite being poached year after year! Unless Mcvay gets assassinated in his sleep, I think we’ll be good. 

I give you like 1/3rd shot at winning the chip now. Hey that’s pretty good. McVay is still a young coach. Brady and Arians are old and weathered and his weapons are just better.

Von Miller is one of the best edge pass-rushers of all-time.  One of the best first steps I've ever seen.  He's not quite what he once was, but still very, very good.  This is a solid trade for a team that wants to go all-in on a Super Bowl in the next 2-3 years.

Kind of reminds me of Ware going to the Broncos.  Ware was still a beast rusher for his final years there.

• Like 5

1 minute ago, NVRamsFan said:

People think we’re the Titans of the 2000 or the Jets when Rex and Sanchez were there, hell even the Eagles! Those teams collapsed on their faces.. Mcvay has built something special here!! His cut throat ways are deadly! He ships out trash!! It’s worked! It’s a very cold way of going about it.. But the results have been phenomenal. I don’t think many teams can say they have a coach who’ll be around for 20+ years.

I think Mcvay will have his own statue and even be a GM for the Rams 10+ years.

we do have to win a SB! But it’s not like he can’t get there! He did and with a “lesser” QB. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, El Ramster said:

People think we’re the Titans of the 2000 or the Jets when Rex and Sanchez were there, hell even the Eagles! Those teams collapsed on their faces.. Mcvay has built something special here!! His cut throat ways are deadly! He ships out trash!! It’s worked! It’s a very cold way of going about it.. But the results have been phenomenal. I don’t think many teams can say they have a coach who’ll be around for 20+ years.

I think Mcvay will have his own statue and even be a GM for the Rams 10+ years.

we do have to win a SB! But it’s not like he can’t get there! He did and with a “lesser” QB. 

It's funny too he keeps talking about veterans being over rated and failing. At the start of the season the Rams had the 6th youngest team in the NFL. Again not knowing the team he's talking about.

• Like 3