Rams trade for Von Miller

Blackstar12

2 hours ago, Kirill said:

Nick Bolton, Juan Thornhill, Frank Clark, Chris Jones, Tyran Mathieu are all pro bowl level defenders. The problems is Coach Spags and chemistry problems because guys like Mathieu want paid but the team can't afford to keep him now.

You're actually 100% correct.

No coach lives off of one game more than Spags, and SB42 was more of a failure on Josh McDaniels than Spags' success.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, TJM217 said:

They couldn't do this after they play the Titans 😡

They couldn't do this before they played the Texans - Von Miller would have caught up to Bruce Smith in all time sacks had he been chasing after Davis Mills.

• Like 4

Any player currently or potentially on the Rams is overrated because they might get injured. Obviously.

Veterans are overrated because they have to rely on their experience and better decision making which only has value when when intelligent play on the field is needed. Those rare times when on any given snap adjustments need made against the execution of the other teams' play. Other than that they have to rely on the superior athleticism that is only good enough to get them a roster spot on a team that competes at the pinnacle of their sport.

Younger players are superior because even if they don't they haven't acquired the knowledge to perform all of proper adjustments that need to be made to make the most of their peak athleticism when they get to where plays need to be made, they'll get there fast! And have more strength to perform the technique to execute the right choice when they arrive, whether or not those options occur to them. Similarly to me pulling up to a red light and having nothing I can do when I arrive as quickly as my car will allow instead of just coasting there. But I got there fast though!

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, BofaDeez54927 said:

Even if the Rams win it all this year, chances that the Rams will tumble a bit in the standings in 2022 have improved, which is something for the Lions. 

Age comes for everyone in the NFL and I have nothing else to look forward to or root for this year.

Hello darkness

Winning one superbowl is the goal. Multiple superbowls are a rarity.

ONE is enough to keep a fan base and ownership happy, keep a coach from being fired for a decade, keep a GM in the seat for years on end. Just ONE. Anything beyond that is out of focus at this point in time. It is extremely hard to win one so cannot concern yourself beyond that as a fan, team, etc.

7 minutes ago, BStanRamFan said:

Winning one superbowl is the goal. Multiple superbowls are a rarity.

ONE is enough to keep a fan base and ownership happy, keep a coach from being fired for a decade, keep a GM in the seat for years on end. Just ONE. Anything beyond that is out of focus at this point in time. It is extremely hard to win one so cannot concern yourself beyond that as a fan, team, etc.

Ask the Eagles how that panned out lol.

1 minute ago, Riftty said:

Ask the Eagles how that panned out lol.

I live in NJ where I'd say 30% of the fans around me are Eagles fans. They bring up that Superbowl and Nick Foles every chance they get. I'm willing to bet if you asked an Eagles fan "would you rather that one ring in the way they won it or sustained above average play?", they would take the ring 10/10.