Rams trade for Von Miller

Blackstar12

7 hours ago, FrantikRam said:

We don't have any unlikeable players or coaches.

Donald and Ramsey are so unique they're just fun to watch. Particularly Ramsey. I've noticed this year that he is probably unique in NFL history - he tackles better than a lot of linebackers and still elite in coverage.

Von Miller just adds to this.

Easy to root for Stafford - he gave his all to the Lions for years.

It's a lot of fun to point out that, years after when you can actually assess a draft, despite the Rams trading so many picks end up having better drafts than teams who keep their first round picks. Great example of this is the 2018 draft - for the first few years it didn't look great, but now we have a starting caliber backup LT (started against Houston last week), a center who has been a huge upgrade over last year and Sebastian Joseph-Day who is a plus starter on the DL. And we didn't pick until the end of the third round that year.

And best of all, most of us were Rams fans for the Super Bowl win - AND through the worst five year stretch in NFL history. We've literally been at the top (still the only team to score 500+ points in three straight seasons, have three straight MVPs, last team to have MVP and win the Super Bowl on the same year).....and at the bottom and completely irrelevant. So we're an interesting bunch.

BS, Donald and Ramsey are two of the most unlikeable players in the league 😂 Donald has his hands in every OLer’s mask when he can’t beat them and Ramsey is the definition of a punk in football

both amazing players though. 

Edited by Hunter2_1

Lmao this is a fake trade.  What do the Rams even have left to give up for more "all in" sort of moves???  That's unpossible!!!

But wait...no, they just continually scoop up underappreciated superstars from everywhere for futures that will probably amount to nothing?  And still somehow keep that under the salary cap?  Yeah...sure...why not.

41 minutes ago, Tugboat said:

Lmao this is a fake trade.  What do the Rams even have left to give up for more "all in" sort of moves???  That's unpossible!!!

But wait...no, they just continually scoop up underappreciated superstars from everywhere for futures that will probably amount to nothing?  And still somehow keep that under the salary cap?  Yeah...sure...why not.

They're probably also re-structuring existing contracts, right? Or kicking the bulk of them down the road..

12 minutes ago, Hunter2_1 said:

They're probably also re-structuring existing contracts, right? Or kicking the bulk of them down the road..

Ahhh the Howie Roseman special. 

Hopefully the Rams for their sake can win a SB like we did before those start to hurt them, but I don’t think they’ll fall off anywhere close to what we did. Having a better coach helps with that and two of the best defensive players in the league.

Edit: Not to mention COVID killing revenue and lowering the cap so much made our problem way worse, whereas the cap will be exploding w/ the new tv deal.

Edited by TheRealMcCoy
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, TheRealMcCoy said:

Ahhh the Howie Roseman special. 

Hopefully the Rams for their sake can win a SB like we did before those start to hurt them, but I don’t think they’ll fall off anywhere close to what we did. Having a better coach helps with that and two of the best defensive players in the league.

Edit: Not to mention COVID killing revenue and lowering the cap so much made our problem way worse, whereas the cap will be exploding w/ the new tv deal.

Not to mention the that the coaching is/was the biggest difference. Lighting in a bottle. 

18 hours ago, BofaDeez54927 said:

We're over here just trying to win a game, man.

I get it, though, but I do think they've shortened the window from 2-3 years with the Stafford trade down to just this one.

How so?

Let's say we do win or go to the Superbowl this season, how many 2nd/3rd round picks start on Superbowl winning teams their rookie year? Maybe 1, if that.

The window is still 2-3 years as long as McVay/Stafford are under contract. So are Ramsey/Donald/Kupp. Core is locked in, it's just a matter of fitting pieces around them via 5th round and beyond along with cheaper vet FA's on incentive based deals. 

5 hours ago, rocky_rams said:

Because now that his team is struggling he secretly wants to become a Rams fan.

He’ll prolly get his application rejected by the Rams Fan Committee.

We instead are trying to work a deal with @ET80 but his asking price is too high. Seeing how we are out of draft picks for the next decade, it’ll be hard to acquire him. 

The deal is currently in our counsel’s hands @jrry32

I would like to apply for Matt Stafford fandom.

I had a deal with the Lions but it's my understanding that barring the trade that is null and void 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, BStanRamFan said:

How so?

Let's say we do win or go to the Superbowl this season, how many 2nd/3rd round picks start on Superbowl winning teams their rookie year? Maybe 1, if that.

The window is still 2-3 years as long as McVay/Stafford are under contract. So are Ramsey/Donald/Kupp. Core is locked in, it's just a matter of fitting pieces around them via 5th round and beyond along with cheaper vet FA's on incentive based deals. 

Health.

And while the Rams are young, the guys that stir the drink are not. 

Just a guess that the tipping point for the picks for players turning sour is after this season.

Edited by BofaDeez54927

2 hours ago, Deadpulse said:

I would like to apply for Matt Stafford fandom.

I had a deal with the Lions but it's my understanding that barring the trade that is null and void 

The committee would be delighted to have you. Just so you’re aware, Matthew Stafford fandom is a part of the larger Rams fandom package. In order to have one you’d have to be a part of the other. 

Please submit your application to @El Ramster 

so long as you pass the background check (which consists of no previous anti-Rams posts) then you’re golden

7 hours ago, Hunter2_1 said:

BS, Donald and Ramsey are two of the most unlikeable players in the league 😂 Donald has his hands in every OLer’s mask when he can’t beat them and Ramsey is the definition of a punk in football

both amazing players though. 

Not true. Donald almost never gets beat one on one. 

and I get the hate on Donald and Ramsey when you’re not a Rams fan but they are much much more pleasant when you’re a Rams fan, best believe that