Rodgers positive for COVID - will miss game vs Chiefs

notthatbluestuff

1 minute ago, Uncle Buck said:

Is there any difference between being immunized and being vaccinated?

The way most people would use both words, no. Any normal human being using either word would be talking about being vaccinated. You could use the former in an attempt to not lie on a technicality, though.

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, MikeT14 said:

The thread doesn't HAVE to get locked, but some of you write things that you KNOW you can't, and then wonder why it happened. 

Just lock it. Or don't. It's been garbage since pretty much page 1. Or can I call you a clown, post lots of 🤡🤡🤡 s and nothing comes of it because? I don't agree with a lot of your takes, but I'm not calling you a clown and being openly disrespectful. Or is it okay for folks who are convinced they are educated enough to not be wrong to call others morons, clowns etc. in a broad sweeping way? We have a Berkeley-graduate, Jeopardy-winning "clown" apparently. Maybe just maybe there is an angry mob with their pitchforks out...

tl;dr either shut this rampant poison behavior down or don't pretend to care, don't even suggest locking the thread. Where are the warnings? We're on page 11. 

Also, @Malfatron, leave Uncle Buck alone. Does it make you feel good to concoct drama so you can accuse someone of being ghoulish? Y'all are ruining this forum with this crap.

• Like 5

3 minutes ago, D82 said:

So you have to wonder if Love wasn't exposed as well? Could leave Green Bay having to turn to Randall Cobb as QB. 

I assume Love has been tested thoroughly since. We'll know more soon. Bortles is on his way in too. 

23 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

Just non stop hate from the keyboard warriors. 

Aaron never lied, he said immunized, even though to most that seems like bending the truth. Nothing will come of this. Just your vaccination warriors casting judgment like the clowns they are. For the record, I am fully vaccinated and plan to get a booster as well. However, I respect anyone’s decision on the matter. This thread is a clown show and really shows people’s colors in a lot of ways. Whether someone is vaccinated or not is none of people’s business. It also doesn’t make them a “bad” person. 

You respect people who choose not to get a free vaccine that will save countless lives?

Weird flex, but okay 

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

He never said he was vaccinated the way he worded it. He worded it like a lawyer, and a bit sneaky, but he never technically lied. Simply was avoiding the media/fan hysteria that he wasn’t vaccinated which is now ongoing. 

In the second response he clearly says "everyone is vaccinated here".

I'd want a better lawyer, personally.

• Like 3

12 minutes ago, Matts4313 said:

Im not saying it will happen. I am saying its a possibility. Rodgers wouldnt be the first superstar to lose his seat at the table after getting "injured" (this isnt an injury, but the same logic applies). 

Who are the other superstars that lost the seat at the table that is on rodgers level? I see you mention Romo but what did he actually bring to Dallas in his years a 2-4 post season record? Keep in mind rodgers has brought LaFleur to a 33-7 record, he has also brought him to a NFCCG in his 2 full seasons going for 3 this year. Along with a superbowl win years ago. I assume LaFleur doesn't want to make that choice because if he has Love continue then you will receive criticism right away from media and Rodgers will be right there to light the match and cause more turmoil as he did before the season. If you bench Love and start Rodgers and lose it would suck but at the same time you know you can move on and have Love while collecting picks from another team when you move rodgers and it wont be a bitter issue

22 minutes ago, MikeT14 said:

The thread doesn't HAVE to get locked, but some of you write things that you KNOW you can't, and then wonder why it happened. 

Hey man, I’m just here doing what I do best

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Matts4313 said:

Im going to swerve this convo back into the right lane with a question for you on the Chiefs side. If Mahomes loses to a back up QB, is that the kinda gut-punch that tells you this just isnt your year?

I already think it isn't our year. The loss to the Titans was already that, for me. Nothing about the Giants win was reassuring. Our defense played the best it had all year, but our offense played the worst it has since like late 2017, and our star players have some serious issues with their mental games that need worked through right now. If we were Buffalo or Green Bay and had the buffer of a weak division or a lighter schedule, I would think we could work through it by the end of the season and have a shot. But we basically have a schedule of non-stop playoff teams this year, so we've already taken too long to get our crap together to contend this year.

If we beat the Love Packers in anything but like dominant fashion, I still won't be reassured. This definitely raises our odds of squeaking into the postseason. This makes for 4 pretty winnable games left, now, with Denver, Denver, Pitt, and this Packers team, but we still probably need another 3 wins between the Bengals, Raiders twice, Chargers, and Cowboys, and the team that has played the past 3 weeks is not capable of beating any of those teams. We need our offense back from weeks 1 - 4 while keeping the defensive improvements we've gotten lately, and that all seems unlikely.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Glen said:

You respect people who choose not to get a free vaccine that will save countless lives?

Weird flex, but okay 

No, weird flex is casting judgment on people you don’t know for their personal medical decisions. Says a lot about you. 

Anyways, last post I’m making in here. 

• Like 3

The biggest issue is that Rogers is out for 10 days minimum.  The worst case scenario is that he has infected other players also causing them to miss time and forcing the Packers to forfeit a game. Rules for unvaccinated player...

• Minimum 10-day quarantine after a positive COVID-19 test.
    • Unvaccinated players are subject to daily testing. If one is missed, the player cannot re-enter the team until he undergoes a five-day testing period. Similarly, unvaccinated players cannot join a new team without five consecutive days of negative tests.
    • Masks are mandated indoors and outdoors if in close proximity to others, other than during practice
    • Physical distancing mandated while in team facilities. Unvaccinated players are not allowed to attend social gatherings in groups of three or more players.

Violators of these rules are subject to fines beginning at $14,650.

Teams who have to cancel games due to a COVID-19 outbreak among unvaccinated players will forfeit that game. Players for both teams will not be paid.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Uncle Buck said:

Is there any difference between being immunized and being vaccinated?

Sort of. I believe one involves ivermectin and tea tree oils and the other involves people with medical degrees. Or something. But what do I know. Go Bears!

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, NudeTayne said:

Just lock it. Or don't. It's been garbage since pretty much page 1. Or can I call you a clown, post lots of 🤡🤡🤡 s and nothing comes of it because? I don't agree with a lot of your takes, but I'm not calling you a clown and being openly disrespectful. Or is it okay for folks who are convinced they are educated enough to not be wrong to call others morons, clowns etc. in a broad sweeping way? We have a Berkeley-graduate, Jeopardy-winning "clown" apparently. Maybe just maybe there is an angry mob with their pitchforks out...

tl;dr either shut this rampant poison behavior down or don't pretend to care, don't even suggest locking the thread. Where are the warnings? We're on page 11. 

Also, @Malfatron, leave Uncle Buck alone. Does it make you feel good to concoct drama so you can accuse someone of being ghoulish? Y'all are ruining this forum with this crap.

I don't have that authority, but I am trying to help out. If you have a problem with how I am doing that, PM me instead. Or keep doing what I'm asking you not to do, and yeah it'll get locked. 

2 minutes ago, soflbillsfan said:

Who are the other superstars that lost the seat at the table that is on rodgers level? I see you mention Romo but what did he actually bring to Dallas in his years a 2-4 post season record? Keep in mind rodgers has brought LaFleur to a 33-7 record, he has also brought him to a NFCCG in his 2 full seasons going for 3 this year. Along with a superbowl win years ago. I assume LaFleur doesn't want to make that choice because if he has Love continue then you will receive criticism right away from media and Rodgers will be right there to light the match and cause more turmoil as he did before the season. If you bench Love and start Rodgers and lose it would suck but at the same time you know you can move on and have Love while collecting picks from another team when you move rodgers and it wont be a bitter issue

Records are a team accomplishment so using that as the basis is not something I want to do. Romo, individually, was coming off of a MVP caliber year in 2014. 

Im not vested in this conversation enough to research, but Rodgers is mid 30's and a distraction at least in the media, if not in the locker room as well. Now he is missing games due to health. That is a recipe to lose your job, imo