Rodgers positive for COVID - will miss game vs Chiefs

notthatbluestuff

28 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

Just non stop hate from the keyboard warriors. 

Aaron never lied, he said immunized, even though to most that seems like bending the truth. Nothing will come of this. Just your vaccination warriors casting judgment like the clowns they are. For the record, I am fully vaccinated and plan to get a booster as well. However, I respect anyone’s decision on the matter. This thread is a clown show and really shows people’s colors in a lot of ways. Whether someone is vaccinated or not is none of people’s business. It also doesn’t make them a “bad” person. 

With regards to the bolded part, yes it is people’s business. Especially since it’s the NFL’s rules. And yes, it does make Rodgers a bad person because he screwed his teammates over.  

There’s other more legitimate reasons why he’s a bad person for not being vaccinated but that’s what the Covid thread is for.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, jebrick said:

The biggest issue is that Rogers is out for 10 days minimum.  The worst case scenario is that he has infected other players also causing them to miss time and forcing the Packers to forfeit a game. Rules for unvaccinated player...

•  

Would that mean he comes back the 13th at the earliest? Is he in danger of missing 2 games even if he test negative soon?

7 minutes ago, Matts4313 said:

Would that mean he comes back the 13th at the earliest? Is he in danger of missing 2 games even if he test negative soon?

According to the NFL rules, I would think the first day he could come back would be the 14th if he was isolated today.  Testing negative has nothing to do with it IF you are unvaccinated.  It is 10 days and then tested.

Edited by jebrick

2 minutes ago, Matts4313 said:

Records are a team accomplishment so using that as the basis is not something I want to do. Romo, individually, was coming off of a MVP caliber year in 2014. 

Im not vested in this conversation enough to research, but Rodgers is mid 30's and a distraction at least in the media, if not in the locker room as well. Now he is missing games due to health. That is a recipe to lose your job, imo

While records are a team accomplishment Rodgers is pretty much the reason they got to where they have gotten over the years. I mean outside of the pre-season time Rodgers hasnt been a distraction until now. Being in the mid 30s or late 30s is nothing as he is still performing at an elite level. Age is only relative to your performance, and rodgers has yet to fall off the map. Outside a bad week 1 performance he has been in the mvp discussions. They beat an undefeated team last week without their top 2 Wr and losing their te mid 1st qtr is pretty darn impressive to do. There are only a handful of qbs you do not move on from unless they are completely over playing for the team and Rodgers is one you do not move on from if he is willing to stick around, I think its a selfish move doing this but his performance will outweigh the selfishness when playoff time starts

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Pool said:

Sort of. I believe one involves ivermectin and tea tree oils and the other involves people with medical degrees. Or something. But what do I know. Go Bears!

This is a slippery slope that should be avoided but to completely dismiss homeopathic solutions and mock them like this is absurd. Especially if you are one of the same people who claim weed should be legal because of the medical benefits. 

And lets not pretend that all these ivy league doctors dont get it wrong just as much as they get it right. "Medicine is an art, not a science" or whatever that stupid phrase was that got thrown around a long time ago. Before anyone comes at me - I am pro vaccination. I just dont think dissing the homeopathic industry as uneducated rednecks licking the side of a tree is the right path to go, friendo. 

• Like 6

18 minutes ago, NudeTayne said:

Just lock it. Or don't. It's been garbage since pretty much page 1. Or can I call you a clown, post lots of 🤡🤡🤡 s and nothing comes of it because? I don't agree with a lot of your takes, but I'm not calling you a clown and being openly disrespectful. Or is it okay for folks who are convinced they are educated enough to not be wrong to call others morons, clowns etc. in a broad sweeping way? We have a Berkeley-graduate, Jeopardy-winning "clown" apparently. Maybe just maybe there is an angry mob with their pitchforks out...

tl;dr either shut this rampant poison behavior down or don't pretend to care, don't even suggest locking the thread. Where are the warnings? We're on page 11. 

Also, @Malfatron, leave Uncle Buck alone. Does it make you feel good to concoct drama so you can accuse someone of being ghoulish? Y'all are ruining this forum with this crap.

The only person who has called anyone on the forum a clown directed it to the pro-vax folks, and did so in two different posts and didn’t catch a warning, instead being directed to get back on topic. So maybe drop the persecution act and try discussing the topic, as has been asked multiple times at this point.

• Like 3

13 minutes ago, Matts4313 said:

Records are a team accomplishment so using that as the basis is not something I want to do. Romo, individually, was coming off of a MVP caliber year in 2014. 

Im not vested in this conversation enough to research, but Rodgers is mid 30's and a distraction at least in the media, if not in the locker room as well. Now he is missing games due to health. That is a recipe to lose your job, imo

Let me asking you this what happens if Love goes out there and straight up bombs. Now what do you do as a GB exec do you cave to Rodgers and pay him more money and ship Love off to another team in hopes he doesnt leave or do you still send Rodgers on his way and hope Love some how becomes better?

24 minutes ago, Mesa_Titan said:

This is the comment that got you to warn people about keeping on conversation. Interesting. 

For moderation questions, please PM for any further explanation but in this case it's as simple as it's the one I saw and it didn't have anything football-related in it. Rodgers being out is a pretty big story football-wise so it would be nice to not have to have the thread locked. If you still have concerns, PM me, and we'll discuss further.