Aaron Rodgers Tests Positive for COVID

CWood21

This might be a golden opportunity for GB to see what Jordan Love can do playing with starters vs starters in meaningful games.  Certainly a challenge.

These reps might be more valuable than any he got in preseason action.

MLF needs to game plan his tail off.  OL sharp and RB ready to roll 

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, 40Year Pack Fan said:

So Rodgers isn't mother Theresa....Really no surprise there....He was hired to throw a pigskin and win football games, not be a moral compass for the NFL...

And he's failing at what he was hired to do because his choice hurt the team...

11 minutes ago, Green19 said:

Wait what? Given the reaction I don’t know if that’s the case… I’m pretty sure he is, I mean it has upset a lot of people.

Packer fans are rightfully upset because of the unwarranted drama....Of course having been given shots doesn't mean he's free from getting covid-19....It's just the unscrupulous way he went about bending the facts... 

3 minutes ago, 40Year Pack Fan said:

Packer fans are rightfully upset because of the unwarranted drama....Of course having been given shots doesn't mean he's free from getting covid-19....It's just the unscrupulous way he went about bending the facts... 

I don't even care about the lying. His decision not to increased the hardship placed on the team and his teammates. It results in a longer time away if he tests positive, and it likely increases his risk of transmission to others.

*And it placed the team under the microscope, so any franchise penalties are now a result of his choice.

Edited by incognito_man

13 minutes ago, HokieHigh said:

is he granted some kind of protected status against future covid listing based on contact, or is he still a contact away from 10day

Are you asking if there's like a rolling calendar? I think he cannot contact anyone right now, so there's no risk of a close contact until he's cleared to rejoin the team.

2 minutes ago, incognito_man said:

I don't even care about the lying. His decision not to increased the hardship placed on the team and his teammates. It results in a longer time away if he tests positive, and it likely increases his risk of transmission to others.

We can go back and forth on the ramifications of transmission and moral obligations towards others, but obviously he felt he could circumvent league rules....Question is, does this all fall on him or does the league share complicity?...

12 minutes ago, gopackgo972 said:

Line is at -7.5, seems like an overreaction by Vegas. We’re gonna cover that’s spread.

Nailed it.  Nah that's about exactly right.  No one really knows what Love brings to the table.  Complete unknown even to us.  The key to winning this game is Love protecting the football.  Can't turn the ball over.  If he can do that we will have a decent shot at winning.  Has to play smart and take what the defense

gives him.  Even with Rodgers playing this was going to be a tough game.  Wouldn't bet on this game.  Nope wouldn't touch it either way.  

Edited by Scoremore
Can't type for crap.
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, 40Year Pack Fan said:

We can go back and forth on the ramifications of transmission and moral obligations towards others, but obviously he felt he could circumvent league rules....Question is, does this all fall on him or does the league share complicity?...

I don't follow. What would the league be complicit in? This falls on Aaron the team for having too lax of protocols around him. They absolutely should have handled him in a way that made it OBVIOUS he wasn't vaccinated.

Edited by incognito_man

Some people just flat out hate the dude and will use situations like this and the offseason to paint him as a horrible selfish person who only cares about himself. That's fine. The funny thing is often the rhetoric is he's a bad team mate or doesn't care about the team etc. Outside of like three players he has only been talked up by his team mates and coaches. They seem to genuinely like him, support him, and I doubt any "hate" him right now. There is no way fellow players and coaches didn't know his vaccination status. The fact he filed to has his treatment count the same as the vaccine kind of blows that argument out of the water. He is a very confident dude that definitely hold grudges, and loves to be coy, dance around the issue, and drop hints at what he really thinks at times. If people don't like that, that's fine. They don't like "California cool"? That's fine. I still don't think he's a bad human or an idiot. He did what he thought was best for his body, and the NFL did give him a choice. I'm disappointed because I thought he was vaccinated but at the end of the day we move on. The party was not a good choice either. I still think looking back at his answer is the same kind of response we have gotten from him for a long time. I honestly liked his presser when he came back, and appreciated him being straight forward. Sadly, he is going to be a polarizing person to this fan base. I just don't think he's as bad as some do. That's just my opinion. 

• Like 3

As someone who from a distance cheers for the Packers. Seemingly every year I have them going to the Superbowl if I dont think the Rams can go. I think ARod is a baaaad man but I must say Im extremely disappointed in this. I feel like ARod at the very least let down his team. We arent talking about a receiver or offensive lineman. We arent talking about a defensive back or a linebacker. We are talking about the quarterback. He is literally like the CEO of a business. If the Packers dont have ARod they have no shot. Im not going to get into reasons why ARod possibly didnt want to get vaccinated but I feel the same way about Kyrie Irving of the Nets choosing not to get vaccinated and letting his entire team down in particularly KD and Harden. And for the record Im a huge fan of Kyrie since he played for my college team that I root for Duke. I do think Kyrie crossed the line this time for leaving his team hanging this season when clearly the one goal is to when the championship and everyone was on board except him. 

So ARod had all this drama the entire offseason even considering retirement and wanting to be the full time host of Jeopardy. Talks about getting traded with an agreement in place after this season. I look at ARod as a selfish player. He let his teammates down and I dont know this but who is to say he didnt get Adams and Berry Covid when they tested positive? Green of the Cards tested positive too and the Packers last played the Cards on TNF. Who is to say he didnt get him Covid? Could possibly be many more people ARod put in danger NFL related as well as personal off the field related. Just pure selfish AND what if ARod wouldve gotten the entire quarterback room in danger where the Packers had to play with an emergency QB like the Broncos did against the Saints last season? Like that really wouldve been bad. Again Im upset with ARod. It could definitely cost the Packers this game against the Chiefs who are desperate already to get things back going well for them and get above .500 to stay in the hunt for not just the wildcard spot but for the division. The Packers have small room for error in at the top of the NFC where one game could be the difference between the 1 seed and the 4 seed. We know they are going to win the division but they dont want to be the 4 seed and have to see the Cards again or the Rams again bc one of those NFCW teams will have the 5 seed for sure. So yeah if I was a teammate of ARod I wouldnt look at him the same after this. Selfish, selfish, selfish. Winning doesnt cure putting lives in danger. Ok thats my rant and you can agree or disagree but this is just how I feel and I stand by it. 

• Like 1