Aaron Rodgers Tests Positive for COVID

CWood21

3 minutes ago, incognito_man said:

I mean the guy is OBVIOUSLY insecure. The whole "chip on the shoulder" thing that had defined his entire career. He's like a textbook case of insecurity.

Note that being insecure doesn't make you a bad person. It's not an insult, either. But, at its worst, can lead to some harmful behavior.

So do you get the idea Jordan was insecure? I don't see that from either of them. I see confident to maybe a fault at times, but not insecure.

Just now, Toddfather said:

So do you get the idea Jordan was insecure? I don't see that from either of them. I see confident to maybe a fault at times, but not insecure.

Never followed Jordan, so no clue. But absolutely some very VERY successful people are deeply insecure. It can be leveraged for success (like Rodgers), but the man is unquestionably insecure IMO. He exhibits pretty much all of the hallmarks ha.

Rodgers is about as clearly insecure as they come, remember the guy that interviewed him and said "you're shorter in person than you look on TV" and Rodgers clearly was very upset about the comment. 

His insecurities are what's made him a great QB, he was not offered out of HS, tumbled in the draft and the only rookie QB that took 3 years to get his shot. Then, the moment he falls off we try and replace him and he becomes Superman again.

He's massively insecure, he cares deeply about what people say and think about him.

EDIT: I'll add these same insecurities are also exactly why he was coy about his vaccination status, this is probably the last thing he wanted. He knew what public perception would be and he's probably sensitive to it.

• Like 3

14 minutes ago, Toddfather said:

Wait? You think Michael Jordan wasn't deeply insecure?

**** man, the guy has been retired for 20 years and was so insecure about his legacy that he just released a documentary about how great he was, where he bashed everyone he ever worked with.

Edited by AlexGreen#20
  • Like 2

46 minutes ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

Wait? You think Michael Jordan wasn't deeply insecure?

**** man, the guy has been retired for 20 years and was so insecure about his legacy that he just released a documentary about how great he was, where he bashed everyone he ever worked with.

I think they both truly believe they are the best. I don't think Aaron is as miserable in life as Jordan probably had been or maybe still is? Insecurity is a part of everyone, but I don't think that is their driving force. Once again, It's my opinion. I think they are super confident and competitive to a fault, but it's what makes them great. I don't believe insecure is the best word to describe Aaron.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, 40Year Pack Fan said:

Athletes often stick to routines in fear of bringing on bad juju...

I don't disagree. I think they are super complex. I think you have to be in order to play a sport at that level. Live that life style. Have that fame. Plus, now a days everything is on social media. There is a lot to them as humans. I am not an expert, and that's just my opinion.

• Like 1