WEEK 10: 5-4 Denver Broncos vs 3-6 Philly Eagles - Sunday November 14th @ 2:25pm MST

Dbrog24

1 hour ago, bMiller031 said:

A “running team” is a losing team if you can’t score 28pts, IMO. The model is different now than it was even 5 years ago, you can’t win the super bowl as an unexplosive “ball control and defense” team (like we did in 2015) in a league with Mahomes, Herbert, Rodgers, Brady, Lamar, Stafford, Dak, etc.  Sooner or later, you need to win the 38-35 type games.

So, last SB winner, TB was no where near as explosive as KC. They wore them down with a strong running attack, dink and dunk air attack and very good defense.

I love Surtain I think it's a slam dunk pick, but you can't tell me Patons plan for this year was Teddy B. that looks so bad when Mac Jones in New England is about to break the dak Prescott rookie completion percentage.  Jones is so accurate and throws an extremely catchable ball I hope Paton has a contingency plan. 

that Teddy milking it on that fumble recovery has me just wanting to watch drew lock run the position rest of season. improve draft stock possibly or at least watch more entertaining football. I'm over this Teddy B experience we got him for a 6th round pick he's nothing special it's a joke how the position has been managed. 

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, AKRNA said:

So, last SB winner, TB was no where near as explosive as KC. They wore them down with a strong running attack, dink and dunk air attack and very good defense.

You’re right, the most explosive team doesn't always win - though TB was still definitely an explosive offense. Need to have that capability to have sustained success in modern nfl

29 minutes ago, bMiller031 said:

You’re right, the most explosive team doesn't always win - though TB was still definitely an explosive offense. Need to have that capability to have sustained success in modern nfl

I'm kinda chuckling right now bud. This is one of those conversations best had at a bar or a barbecue. Lots of factors, and ways to achieve "explosiveness". We actually have that ability, somewhat restricted by TB's arm strength. AO's reception is a great example. Our 1st play from scrimmage after running the ball down their throats for a long drive TD. LB's are kinda frozen, safeties cheating a bit, everybody expecting run and there ya go. Problem is though, our OC decided for some reason the scrap the run at that point. Only 10 more carries in the game.

Personally I think our lack of explosiveness is due almost exclusively to incredibly inept game planning/play calling. 

I remember after a win where we ran the ball about 50 times a reporter asked Shanahan why he ran it so much. He answered pretty simply "we'll run the ball until they stop it, they couldn't stop it". Too bad Shurmer isn't that smart.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, AKRNA said:

I'm kinda chuckling right now bud. This is one of those conversations best had at a bar or a barbecue. Lots of factors, and ways to achieve "explosiveness". We actually have that ability, somewhat restricted by TB's arm strength. AO's reception is a great example. Our 1st play from scrimmage after running the ball down their throats for a long drive TD. LB's are kinda frozen, safeties cheating a bit, everybody expecting run and there ya go. Problem is though, our OC decided for some reason the scrap the run at that point. Only 10 more carries in the game.

Personally I think our lack of explosiveness is due almost exclusively to incredibly inept game planning/play calling. 

I remember after a win where we ran the ball about 50 times a reporter asked Shanahan why he ran it so much. He answered pretty simply "we'll run the ball until they stop it, they couldn't stop it". Too bad Shurmer isn't that smart.

Yeah I think we have it in spurts but just haven’t seen it with any consistency against legit competition.  Like you said, myriad of factors - Teddy falling in love with the checkdown, inept play calling, no rhythm, etc.  100% in lockstep on Shurmur but, and maybe I’m cynical, I don’t think any Teddy-led offense is going to have the firepower to compete consistently w/ playoff offenses. 

4 hours ago, thebestever6 said:

I love Surtain I think it's a slam dunk pick, but you can't tell me Patons plan for this year was Teddy B. that looks so bad when Mac Jones in New England is about to break the dak Prescott rookie completion percentage.  Jones is so accurate and throws an extremely catchable ball I hope Paton has a contingency plan. 

that Teddy milking it on that fumble recovery has me just wanting to watch drew lock run the position rest of season. improve draft stock possibly or at least watch more entertaining football. I'm over this Teddy B experience we got him for a 6th round pick he's nothing special it's a joke how the position has been managed. 

PS2 was a good pick. Mac Jones is killing it in New England, the only place he would succeed; he is a perfect fit for Mac’s offense and was coached by BB’s best friend. He wasn’t the answer for us. Fields could have been. But I do like PS2.

Teddy is Teddy. Vic is Vic. This is where we are. 

Sell. The. F***ing. Team. 

I don’t know if a new owner will be better but he/she will be different. And I’ll take different over this crap.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, bMiller031 said:

Yeah I think we have it in spurts but just haven’t seen it with any consistency against legit competition.  Like you said, myriad of factors - Teddy falling in love with the checkdown, inept play calling, no rhythm, etc.  100% in lockstep on Shurmur but, and maybe I’m cynical, I don’t think any Teddy-led offense is going to have the firepower to compete consistently w/ playoff offenses. 

Well, we'd disagree there, I think he could, BUT (there had to be a but in there) it'd take a far better OC (like Shanahan) to do it. Don't ask TB to do what he can't. Design route tree's in his range, more under center/I formation and less Shotgun, more play action and more pre snap recognition and audibles. let him use his head and short-mid range accuracy. 

More unpredictability in play calling. Last week for the first time in a long time we started running the ball on 2nd and 3rd and long and had great results. We didn't do that yesterday with predictable results. Sacks and incompletions. 

Anyway, I'm really frustrated. We've been assembling the pieces and parts for an "old school" WCO. We ran it with great success for our first 3 games. Against Baltimore we lost it. They never came close to stopping our running attack, we just stopped, putting both TB and Lock in unwinnable situations. 

I could go on, but my hands hurt like hell right now. In a discussion there's nothing wrong with my vocal cords but arthritis puts a halt to my keyboard conversations.

• Like 4

Teddy could be a decent QB in playoffs but he basically has to be carried by the players around him and the scheme. Running the ball is very important but at some point your QB has to move the chains. It’s also pretty hard to stick with the run when you can’t get a lead or your QB refuses to throw more than 5 yards past the LOS. Play calling and the game plan are all garbage, for instance insisting Fant being blocking TE and only having him run short routes limiting his athleticism or running the ball and staying out of 3rd and long. 

Coaching is a huge weak point on this team, especially on offense but Teddy sucks and it shouldn’t be asking too much for him make basic throws and reads which is he failing at. Teddy also doesn’t have the mental intangibles to out smart the defense, obviously quit a bit more than Lock who’s dumber than a rock but combine that with an inept coaching staff and the outcome isn’t likely to be great.

10 hours ago, 1234567 said:

The formula for beating this team appears to be an easy one: rely on piss poor tackling in the flats to kill us with your RB’s and tight ends until you manage a 10 point lead. From there we will abandon the run game entirely, and you can sell the farm to stop our passing game. You can also count on our special teams handing you another score at some point. From there, your offense really only has to manage another field goal or two, and it’s an easy win. 

This team or the Broncos since 2016 cause TEs and RBs have owned us since 2015.

• Like 1

Well try watching the Lions games like I do prior to watching our broncos games.  This week was just brutal - 5 brutal hours of football.  Goff is brutal, Tb is brutal and I've loathed our defence for way too long when everyone else thinks its just awesome.  Thankfully my guns are under lock and key and it's just to much hassle for me to grab my 357 and put a round through my heart the way these two teams do.  lol

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, Cutler06 said:

Disturbing thought, if we just took care of this business, we would have been tied for the division lead right now, consider that !

And just think, if we take care of business next week we'll be leading the division.😲

• Like 1