WEEK 10: 5-4 Denver Broncos vs 3-6 Philly Eagles - Sunday November 14th @ 2:25pm MST

Dbrog24

5 minutes ago, French Fan said:

Time to turn the table.

Move on from Fangio and McMahon

Bench TB 

Make one last dance with Lock

See what to do with Sutton contract....completely lost this season

But i don't see Paton make a move at 5-5 and thinking we are in the race.

At least Paton makes moves. I think he would fire Fangio tomorrow, but I do agree that you don't fire a coach mid season. What is the point, at least let Fangio ride this out, wait to see who the new owner will be, then make the move. As much as I think Fangio should be fired I think he has garnered some level of respect to see the season out...seems like a good dude and he is a good DC. 

1 hour ago, lomaxgrUK said:

Probably should get the ball to the (statistically) hardest RB in the NFL to tackle on 4th and 1.

I've never seen a RB fumble at more inopportune moments consistently than Melvin Gordon.

There’s a big difference between a player who is prone to making mistakes, and a player who’s prone to making mistakes when it absolutely matter the most. That’s called being a choke artist, and you can never count on those kinds of guys when the game is on the line. 

37 minutes ago, jsthomp2007 said:

At least Paton makes moves. I think he would fire Fangio tomorrow, but I do agree that you don't fire a coach mid season. What is the point, at least let Fangio ride this out, wait to see who the new owner will be, then make the move. As much as I think Fangio should be fired I think he has garnered some level of respect to see the season out...seems like a good dude and he is a good DC. 

Paton, however, doesn’t come from a championship culture and before the season even began set expectations low with his “play meaningful football in November and December,” crap. He’s probably on his way to dinner right now thinking “we’re right on track to meet my and Joe’s goals foe the year,” given that we’re 5-5 at the bye with 5 Division games left. For Paton, this could very well be what he judges as success. 

On 11/11/2021 at 6:26 PM, Broncofan said:

Reasons why we can win this game:

-PHI's pass D is incredibly vulnerable.   Slay will take one WR out if he's healthy - it's almost always the big body guy (so Sutton).  But their 2nd CB is no match for Jeudy.   And their TE D is abysmal.   Fant's back, hopefully Albert O is OK.   Crazy stat - PHI pass D has allowed QB's to complete 80 percent of their passes the last 3 games IIRC. 

-QB Jalen Hurts is still very much a raw thrower, who's got placement/accuracy issues, and recognition issues as well.      He's making progress, though.   

-HC Tony Siriani has looked outmatched on many levels in many games.    

Reasons why the Iggles can win this game:

-Their DL is still very disruptive - and we're going to have our 4th string T starting, along with Meinerz (who I absolutely love, but this is still a tall task pass pro wise).  They also have Javon Hargreave & Fletcher Cox back for full practices today, which is pretty ominous - they're such a different team run D and pass rush wise when both of them are healthy.   DE Josh Sweat returned to practice off concussion protocol, so sounds like they might have a fully healthy DL.  On the secondary front, Rodney Mcleod returned for a full practice, and Slay was limited.   Getting both back would help a lot, as no Mcleod was a big part of their secondary problems.   If we have to rely on Teddy B making plays instead of managing the O, things get dicey.

-On the flip side, Hurts mobility is something that our ILB's will find challenging - especially since it looks like Baron Browning might be iffy to play.   Our ILB corps being decimated is a huge problem.   We also look like we may be without Surtain - which makes our pass D a lot leakier.   They've found their run game with Hurts being a dual threat, and on the pass D front, Devonta Smith and Dallas Goedert represent big problems for us if Surtain is out.   And they have a 3-headed RB committee that can expose our RB coverage (Gainwell & Scott).

-While the team gets full marks for the DAL W, the reality is DEN went +5 in the TO game - 2 actual TO's 2 4th down stops, and that blocked punt that DAL muffed and allowed us to have a 1st down again.    Teams seldom lose when they go +3, let alone +5.    And that doesn't account for Dak Prescott missing 4-5 open guys, and 2 crucial 3rd down drops.  Again, we deserved to win - but those events are rare, random variance plays you just don't see.   If we have an even TO game with PHI, as an example, I expect PHI to win. 

-Finally, while Siriani looks lost as a HC - it's not like Fangio/Shurmur suddenly shed their skin and became pluses in game management.  I think rather than PHI being at a disadvantage, it's a draw.  

Everything says we should win - but I see this is a tight, 3-pt game, where likely TO's, and game management wins the game.    I'll go 27-24 PHI, just out of gut feel.  Frankly, my mindset isn't any different than before last week - simply because I don't see us legitimately contending this year when we face good teams (notwithstanding all those events last week, to say it's highly unlikely to happen again is an understatement).     I want to see our young guys keep progressing, and giving more hope, and avoid the big injuries.  I look forward to seeing more snaps with Meinerz & Sterns in particular. 

So remember that part about us not being as good as our best game (DAL), or as bad as our worst game (take your pick)?    Well, we showed our true colors again - we're a middle of the pack team with definite flaws, some strengths, and absolute liabilities at QB, in ST's, coaching game management, and very clear personnel problems in key areas.   DAL turning the ball over 2x, the blocked punt turning into a DEN 1st, and the 2 4th down stops masked the fact that our LB play is fundamentally flawed, and our WR / TE coverage is very beatable.   And we definitely had no answer for PHI's run game.   

On O, we had early success running - but once PHI adjusted, once again Shurmur had no answer.   And the only 2 guys who had a shot at beating ppl regularly (Sutton & Jeudy), were barely targeted until the game was out of hand.   Just an embarrassing showing by the coaches gameplan wise.

And yeah, Teddy made a SB50 Cam-like business decision on the Slay fumble.   TERRIBLE look for sure.

We're 5-5, and yes, we have 5 games in-division, where we know our foe.  But we can also recognize we'll be facing 6 teams who are likely better than us overall talent-wise, and likely coaching-wise, out of the last 7 games we have left.     While it sucks that we lost, at least this should be final evidence for Paton to go QB-hunting and HC/OC hunting to match our QB target.    No one else got hurt seriously, so I'll take that...  

Otherwise, ugh all around.   Can't say I'm surprised, but still disappointing to be THAT bad.     Lose the battle, hopefully win the war (Paton cleans house coaching wise, and realizes to shoot for the moon with QB next year).

1 hour ago, AnAngryAmerican said:

You’re 10000000% correct. And this has nothing to do with Lock. It’s about Teddy, who has checked out, who is who we thought he was and, as you point out, just proved himself to to EVERYONE to be nothing more than a quitter. It’s the hand-picked guy of Paton, Fangio and Shurmur and that says as much about them as it does about Teddy. 

Gonna call out your disingenuous bull**** every time I see it. Calling Teddy ‘Paton’s hand-picked guy’ makes it seem like he was potentially the long term plan at QB. Absolutely no serious person believed that at any point, besides maybe thinking there was a chance after the first three games. So toss that take into the incinerator tonight because it’s garbage.

• Like 4