The bad. The really bad. The terrible vs KC

BigD1123

1 hour ago, BobbyPhil1781 said:

This dude shoulders soooo much regarding this team and I have to feel like this season has been very hard for him to handle, emotionally. Honestly, he's a solid guy and if you've got a daughter, probably the guy you want her to bring home but I'm wondering if him being this way is just making this far too overwhelming for him. If he's emotionally drained, this season's over. I fear that might be the case.

Heck, I'd be over it if I were him too. 

He needed weapons, as any QB does, and we flopped. Ruggs was a letdown. DJax screwed the pooch HARD yesterday. We gave him a pitifully inadequate run game he can't lean on with any consistency. The blocking is spotty at best and we lose yards every other play between Leatherwood and Parker. 

The D can't hold up their end of the bargain, ever. 

We were winning when he was getting high 3-400yd games. Are we really going to ask ANY QB in the league to chuck 400 yd games week in, week out with a skeleton crew, just to be competitive? That's an impossible task. 

Top that off with having to lead a team through the Gruden nonsense, then the Ruggs nonsense, and probably the Arnette nonsense to a degree, all in a 2-3 week timeframe. 

I'd be fed up and drained too. Between the on-field difficulties with a lack of consistent blocking, run game, pass catchers, and key injuries and the off-field BS we've had this season, dude deserves the MVP for us even being remotely competitive for most of the games we lose. 

He can leave some stuff to be desired on the field, but no QB can make chicken salad out of chicken **** like this. Asking a QB to carry a team through losing a HC and having an interim 1st timer, an absolute tragedy with one of our most important weapons literally killing someone, and having very little to work with is the very definition of setting someone up for failure. 

Frankly, no QB I can think of has ever had to deal with all of that in a season, much less a 1 month span. At this point, I wouldn't even hold it against him if he demanded a trade at the end of the season. He's made it abundantly clear he wants to be here. And that has endeared him to me. But man, he deserves better than this endless dumpster fire. 

• Like 4

6 minutes ago, NCOUGHMAN said:

He got roasted badly 

This is why the staff needs overhauled. They tried to do what other teams have done with KC, run cover 2 shell. But why leave Abram in there? Bench him for someone who can actually cover. Seeing #24 get abused in coverage hurts on a personal level. 

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, big_palooka said:

This is why the staff needs overhauled. They tried to do what other teams have done with KC, run cover 2 shell. But why leave Abram in there? Bench him for someone who can actually cover. Seeing #24 get abused in coverage hurts on a personal level. 

Kelcy started blocking maxx before going into his pass routes it was so genius. Gus couldn’t/wouldn’t or just didn’t adjust 🤦🏽‍♂️

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, NCOUGHMAN said:

Kelcy started blocking maxx before going into his pass routes it was so genius. Gus couldn’t/wouldn’t or just didn’t adjust 🤦🏽‍♂️

Like Guenther, dude is stubborn as hell when it comes to his scheme. 

His scheme is better that Guenther's, sure. But if you're THAT attached to it, you're going to have a very short stint. Schemes have to adapt and evolve. Gus' never does. He had success in Seattle because he happened into a bunch of guys perfectly suited for it, it was fairly fresh, and the players he had were also pretty dang good before and after him. It's why he couldn't ever replicate that success elsewhere. 

Solid scheme as a baseline, but once it's figured out by good offensive minds, it's not nearly as effective. 

3 hours ago, jpaulthe1st said:

I’m just as frustrated as everybody else but I think the fire everybody because we completely suck narrative is going a bit far. The reality is that we were very competitive for the first 40 minutes of the game. Cleveland got blown out by the Patriots yesterday but they are still a good team. 

The D-Jax fumble was the straw that broke the Camel’s back and the beginning of the Snowball effect. I’m not ready to give up on this team quite yet. The Chiefs were overdue for a wake up game and this was it. This team is very resilient and I think we bounce back next week and beat the Bengals. 

Great post. I felt like the world was burning last night but on reflection there's plenty more football to be played. Plenty of time to put it right, a couple weeks ago everyone was on a high, maybe too high but now we also shouldn't get too low. 

42 minutes ago, ronjon1990 said:

Like Guenther, dude is stubborn as hell when it comes to his scheme. 

His scheme is better that Guenther's, sure. But if you're THAT attached to it, you're going to have a very short stint. Schemes have to adapt and evolve. Gus' never does. He had success in Seattle because he happened into a bunch of guys perfectly suited for it, it was fairly fresh, and the players he had were also pretty dang good before and after him. It's why he couldn't ever replicate that success elsewhere. 

Solid scheme as a baseline, but once it's figured out by good offensive minds, it's not nearly as effective. 

I don't really understand this post. We changed from playing our usual Cover 3 scheme with single high safety and one safety near the LoS to dropping a second safety back specifically as it had worked this season with some teams running Cover 2 taking away big plays against the Chiefs and nullifying them. It was a sensible thing to do just Abram wasn't up to it. Maybe we could have gone back but I think we'd probably game planned that. So I can totally fault the execution and playcalling at times but I find it strange to say we were too stubborn? We changed and it didn't work well? 

• Like 3

14 minutes ago, Darbsk said:

I don't really understand this post. We changed from playing our usual Cover 3 scheme with single high safety and one safety near the LoS to dropping a second safety back specifically as it had worked this season with some teams running Cover 2 taking away big plays against the Chiefs and nullifying them. It was a sensible thing to do just Abram wasn't up to it. Maybe we could have gone back but I think we'd probably game planned that. So I can totally fault the execution and playcalling at times but I find it strange to say we were too stubborn? We changed and it didn't work well? 

Despite the score being close-ish at halftime, the D was getting abused in the flats, on screens, etc. The same things we've been seeing. 

Gus doesn't adjust. We take a "it should eventually work" approach way too often. In the second half, we were still doing the same things and still getting abused. 

Adjustments, rather, the lack thereof, have consistently burned us. If what we're doing isn't working, we don't adapt. We just keep doing it. To me, that's stubbornness. What teams did before, that's stubbornness once it's apparent that the opposing OC started doing their homework. 

A refusal to alter a gameplan despite it clearly not working. Is that not stubborness? If that's clear. If not, gimme a bit to recollect my thoughts. 

• Like 1

Raiders lack any identity on offense. Ruggs wasn’t the best WR in the NFL but what he did opened up a lot of things on offense for everyone. Last night was just embarrassing and to have it happen at home makes it even more embarrassing. This is all not a bad thing but it sucks and hurts cause we’re in the now but this is better long term cause this will force turnover that is needed with the front office and actually go get a HC. 

A lot of 5th year year options that won’t get picked up but take out hits and hire a real GM and HC 

19 minutes ago, SimonGruber said:

The part of his movements when buying time and improvising is why I posted this basically how I feel. If he takes a sweetheart deal then go build that expensive line again 

This is exactly what I have been saying.  Pre-snap he is good.  Everyone does their jobs he is good.  Somebody gets beat and he panics.  I would have to assume it is bad prep.  Do they not practice what to do if things break down?

16 minutes ago, drfrey13 said:

This is exactly what I have been saying.  Pre-snap he is good.  Everyone does their jobs he is good.  Somebody gets beat and he panics.  I would have to assume it is bad prep.  Do they not practice what to do if things break down?

In the end he saw what happened to big bro and it’s not like Carr is 6’5 240 a Big Ben or Cam. I get it he’s cautious and takes soft sacks. If new management wants to roll with him than beef up that oline like Reg did and get him a Nick Chubb type Jacobs ain’t it IMO

OahuRaider has been on twitter a while. His football knowledge is pretty mediocre in my opinion. That being said, yes Carr is not the best improviser. But watching the game, the OL mismatch and inability for Olsen to be aggressive really hurt the team. Jackson should have played every snap at WR, even if he was just a decoy.