Week 12 General Discussion Thread

Blackstar12

1 minute ago, malak1 said:

Do they take a QB in this ostensibly weak QB draft?

Not my problem but maybe? Maybe run with Jimmy G or some other vet that isn't a broken down dog. Either way don't prolong your misery for sentimental value

Steelers fans are like Browns fans only 10x worse when it comes to moving on from a QB

Steelers fans would rather accept having a "D-" QB because they can't find the option of the "A" QB, meanwhile there are "C+" QBs all over the damn place

Even if you don't have a QB plan in place, that doesn't mean keep this POS

Just now, squire12 said:

But isn't the objective to win games?

He won't win you games on his own. If your team is set up to win, you could do a lot worse. 

He's sneakily top 5 in epa / play among quarterbacks since 2017. 

• Like 2

Just now, Forge said:

I guess you missed where I said, IF  you want, huh? lol 

My comment was an opinion based on analysis of their actual play and record since 2017.

I presented multiple scenarios of how they could be ranked comparatively based on the similar stats and record.

Your comment was a shot at me by cherry picking one line and including YOU as a direct attack.

Its weak from a normal poster and lame from a mod.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Forge said:

Honestly, I wouldn't go that far. I think that he would still offer a lot of intrigue to a team that has a young QB that they don't want to break. The bears may very well at least kick the tires, and probably should, tbh. The chances he actually lands a job are probably much lower than they appeared last year, but I think that people will still check him out. 

What intrigue though? The Panthers have been an utter disaster on offense. 

The best "job" he did was as the "passing game coordinator" for a once in a lifetime culmination of a first round QB, 3 1st round caliber WRs (2 of whom had/are having spectacular rookie years), a 1st round RB, and several OL that were drafted day 2. If memory serves me correct, they have had 7 members of that offense drafted, and, again, as pass game coordinator, he was in charge of 4 or 5 1st or 2nd round guys, 4 of whom (Burrow, Jefferson, Chase, CEH) have proven they were 100% worthwhile while Marshall isn't a bust yet. 

Do people not realize how rare that collection of talent is? Schools like Alabama, Ohio State, etc shovel multiple first round guys into the league seemingly every year, and a few of them pan out while others don't. To have 4 or 5* (depending on how one views Marshall)  from a single unit that all became among good-great players is like winning the lottery twice in a row with the exact same numbers. 

And that's really all Joe Brady ever did of note. What, in hindsight, is remotely intriguing about that?

• Like 1