Week 12 General Discussion Thread

Blackstar12

1 minute ago, ronjon1990 said:

Carroll has definitely had some goofs. 

But he also has 2 NCAA championships back to back, coached for and nearly won a 3rd straight, and then when he jumped back to the NFL, he won a Superbowl and coached in 2 straight, and has overseen many playoff runs. 

Depends on how one wants to weigh the differences between the pros and college and the various accolades. Carroll has been ridiculously successful at both to a degree few get to in just one of them. Saban is undoubtedly the greatest college HC ever, and he has 7 championships (9 coached in) so I'm up for a good debate between the two. I, personally, just find Carroll's success at both levels, winning the biggest prize in both and being in steady contention for it at the highest level to be the more impressive overall resume, especially considering that Saban and the NFL didn't mix well (no big knock on him, mind you, plenty of great coaches are only great at one level or the other, but for someone to be great at both?). 

I count 1 1/2 (LSU) with the 1 in 2004 being vacated (Reggie Bush)? So 1/2 in college?

To be fair this drops Saban to 6 1/2 (8 1/2)

USC was a powerhouse for 7 years (5 with sanctions) and Seattle for 5.

Saban is at 1, 2, and 14 so far at his 3 college stops.

If 9-7 means anything then Carroll is working on his 7th NFL season the same or worse than that.

I know 9-7 on the Dolphins was a joke, right?