Way too early 2022 offseason thoughts

warfelg

6 hours ago, DR43 said:

Who do you all want us to draft in round one that is also feasible to be there?

Its kinda too early to name a player for sure, because alot will chance in the next 4 months.

I just want the best player at OL or CB in round 1.     Only way Id go with another position is if the value is too good to pass up.     Only positions Id completely disregard in round 1 are RB, TE and OLB.     Every other position Id at least consider.    Although I dont believe there will be any QBs, ILBs or S's Id take in round 1 this year.

8 hours ago, 43M said:

Its kinda too early to name a player for sure, because alot will chance in the next 4 months.

I just want the best player at OL or CB in round 1.     Only way Id go with another position is if the value is too good to pass up.     Only positions Id completely disregard in round 1 are RB, TE and OLB.     Every other position Id at least consider.    Although I dont believe there will be any QBs, ILBs or S's Id take in round 1 this year.

If the DraftTek mock became reality up until the Steelers selection, who would you want us to take?  Kenyon Green?  Nicholas Petit-Frere?

13 minutes ago, DR43 said:

If the DraftTek mock became reality up until the Steelers selection, who would you want us to take?  Kenyon Green?  Nicholas Petit-Frere?

I like Green. I think it's way easier to hide a weak OT than it is a bad OG. I think good guards are more impactful than good OTs. 

18 minutes ago, MOSteelers56 said:

I like Green. I think it's way easier to hide a weak OT than it is a bad OG. I think good guards are more impactful than good OTs. 

Disagree. Well with a caveat. You can hide one bad OG by having the C help or the RB help. OTs are so much harder to hide because of gap responsibility, leg kick, base movement, arm movement. Sometimes the help for a bad OT just makes it easier for a EDGE to beat the OT. 

37 minutes ago, warfelg said:

Disagree. Well with a caveat. You can hide one bad OG by having the C help or the RB help. OTs are so much harder to hide because of gap responsibility, leg kick, base movement, arm movement. Sometimes the help for a bad OT just makes it easier for a EDGE to beat the OT. 

My take is that a OT can be hidden against elite EDGE guys by chipping and putting TEs in there. If we want to be able to be physical on offense we need a new OG. Adding an elite tackle rarely brings up the play of the entire line. Adding a OG can do that. Maybe I'm completely wrong, but I think OGs are way more important than OTs now. Nobody is doing 7 step drops anymore. Pressure up the middle is how you beat elite offenses. If we want one of those we need to get a whole lot better in the middle of our line.

I think we’re gonna start seeing players from great defensive teams going much lower than projected. Teams are going to start to look at production as a product of the team. 

Davis kinda reminds me of the old Jags DT combo that were both big. Can’t remember their names. 

23 hours ago, DR43 said:

Probably Green, but we will see what happens in the next few months.

My concern is, as usual, whenever we have a major need at offensive tackle, there is usually a run on them in the first round to the point where teams are even reaching.

I wouldnt be shocked if Green goes at least a few picks before us and there arent any OTs worth drafting when we pick.

Steelers are in a bad place to need a OT but a good place to get the best OG.  This is a deep class at OT.  Again the question, Do you want a Rt or a LT.

If LT you are looking at:

1. Ekwonu
  2. Cross
  3. Petit-Frere - could play RT
  4. Raimann - Developmental

RT add Neal, Penning in the 1st

I would be happy with Rainmann as a LT or Penning as a RT.  I would also be fine with Green at OG.