Way too early 2022 offseason thoughts

warfelg

3 hours ago, jebrick said:

He is really a possession  WR.  Excellent route runner but not top end speed.  He will get open on his route running. but so does JuJu.  Which would be cheaper?

Not top end speed? He's only 27 but ran a 4.42 at the combine. Being an excellent route runner with that speed and he ways about 220 is pretty fast. Juju is a get to the spot WR who struggles vs Man. Cooper will destroy Man coverage.

9 minutes ago, armsteeld said:

Not top end speed? He's only 27 but ran a 4.42 at the combine. Being an excellent route runner with that speed and he ways about 220 is pretty fast. Juju is a get to the spot WR who struggles vs Man. Cooper will destroy Man coverage.

Cooper destroys M-t-M because he is an excellent route runner.

5 hours ago, bigben07MVP said:

Am I the only one who sees a little Martavis Bryant in Chris Olave?

So different physically, that's hard to see.
C.Olave is more like S.Diggs to me.
C.Watson is an even more athletic M.Bryant.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, mwalker said:

So different physically, that's hard to see.
C.Olave is more like S.Diggs to me.
C.Watson is an even more athletic M.Bryant.

Definitely not a 1:1 comp, I just see some MB in his game with the insane body control and ball tracking skills. Olave seems to also have that “2nd gear” on deep routes that MB used to have.

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, bigben07MVP said:

Not sure what to make of this.

Hmmm. Minkah, Claypool, future 1st, conditional 1/2 in 2 drafts?

We would have the cap space to still bring in Adams if that’s a ARod reqmnt, still have our 1st for any needs, and still have space for a S and OL players. 

6 minutes ago, warfelg said:

Hmmm. Minkah, Claypool, future 1st, conditional 1/2 in 2 drafts?

We would have the cap space to still bring in Adams if that’s a ARod reqmnt, still have our 1st for any needs, and still have space for a S and OL players. 

Absolute no to giving up Minkah, I’d rather throw in another pick. And I doubt Rodgers would want us trading away one of our best young weapons to get him, unless it meant bringing Adams on board.

Florio is kind of trash though, I feel like he’s fishing to clicks here. It’s probably still down to GB and Denver for Aaron at this point.

• Like 1

On 3/1/2022 at 7:21 PM, bigben07MVP said:

EDGE clearly isn’t a need but Jermaine Johnson is that special of a player that I’d be ok with it. He’s the best edge pass rusher I’ve seen at FSU including Brian Burns. He’s the total package as well and a great run defender.

Sheesh

10 hours ago, bigben07MVP said:

Sheesh

I like him....but that would be an extreme luxury pick at one of our "strongest" positions.

Id take him over certain 1st rd projected QBs....but Id hate the pick given our circumstances.

• Like 1