Week 15 Covid List Discussion

Webmaster

1 minute ago, ravishingone said:

Have to believe the Chiefs game is gonna get moved.  Hope I m wrong.  The league should not play favorites, but ..........

Should have moved games like the TNF one if they really cared.

46 minutes ago, ET80 said:

So if Buffalo turns into a hotspot due to Beasley, does the league reschedule the Bills game? Or is this subject to a forfeit?

😄

This would be hilarious after moving the other games, but there's not gonna be a forfeit this year. Book it.

Edited by NudeTayne

2 hours ago, Apparition said:

the moment we've all been waiting for

2 hours ago, Thelonebillsfan said:

I said in the Basketball sub that Kyrie getting it is the funniest thing to happen.

I would like to amend that statement in light of recent news.

This is the funniest.

Are either of them sick or just testing positive?

2 hours ago, Thelonebillsfan said:

I said in the Basketball sub that Kyrie getting it is the funniest thing to happen.

I would like to amend that statement in light of recent news.

This is the funniest.

I’m all for sense of humour and seeing the funny in things I just don’t even see how this is even funny in the form of irony. Vaccinated players are getting COVID, why would unvaccinated be any different? 

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, NudeTayne said:

😄

This would be hilarious after moving the other games, but there's not gonna be a forfeit this year. Book it.

Based on league a league memo, it should be a forfeit if it comes down to it.

"If a game is cancelled/postponed because a club cannot play due to a Covid spike among or resulting from its non-vaccinated players/staff, then the burden of the cancellation or delay will fall on the club experiencing the Covid infection," the memo states. "We will seek to minimize the burden on the opposing club or clubs. If a club cannot play due to a Covid spike in vaccinated individuals, we will attempt to minimize the competitive and economic burden on both participating teams."

Source

11 minutes ago, kingseanjohn said:

Based on league a league memo, it should be a forfeit if it comes down to it.

"If a game is cancelled/postponed because a club cannot play due to a Covid spike among or resulting from its non-vaccinated players/staff, then the burden of the cancellation or delay will fall on the club experiencing the Covid infection," the memo states. "We will seek to minimize the burden on the opposing club or clubs. If a club cannot play due to a Covid spike in vaccinated individuals, we will attempt to minimize the competitive and economic burden on both participating teams."

Source

Yes, but while that league memo exists, the likelihood that a team would actually not have enough players to field a team, even if half the starters are out (and thus creating a mediocre product, such as we witnessed this week) then the game can still be played. I'd have to hit 35 players or something wild like that. Even then, it might just be practice squad players and players off the street suiting up. I don't see how the conditions for the forfeit could actually be met. Am I misunderstanding part of the memo, though? 🤔

1 hour ago, ET80 said:

So if Buffalo turns into a hotspot due to Beasley, does the league reschedule the Bills game? Or is this subject to a forfeit?

I can only imagine the apocalyptic meltdown the other 31 fanbases would have if the Pats were the beneficiaries of a covid forfeit. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, ET80 said:

5 active players, 1 hospitalized

7 or 8 teams are over 10 active players

We may see this snowball, we may not. My expectation is that if it becomes an issue we should get the Tuesday treatment like everyone else has

But at this point, there's no reason to assume Bills are more of a problem than some of the other teams with a few cases - other than the fact that one specific player is noisy

• Like 1