Head Coach Firing/Hiring/Interview Rumors

Broncofan

21 minutes ago, ravishingone said:

For as much as I poopoo on the Texans, Pep was pretty phenomenal in getting Davis Mills up to NFL speed. Mills made notable improvements every time we saw him.

Mills started his NFL career with six consecutive INTs during 7 on 7 in Training Camp, and ended this season with a furious 300/3 finish in a rally against the top team in the AFC. Pep put in diligent work to get Mills ready every week, and it showed.

Pep in Carolina could be a QB whisper, a guy who gets young QBs ready for the speed of the pro game. Getting called a QB whisperer is basically a fast track to a HC opportunity, and that might be Pep's future...

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, minutemancl said:

Who is going to want to be the GM of a team that is forcing a ****ty head coach on you?

We see this a lot though. A GM brought in with a lame duck head coach and often qb then second year able to pick their guy at both. Gives him a year to try to clean up the cap.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, ET80 said:

For as much as I poopoo on the Texans, Pep was pretty phenomenal in getting Davis Mills up to NFL speed. Mills made notable improvements every time we saw him.

Mills started his NFL career with six consecutive INTs during 7 on 7 in Training Camp, and ended this season with a furious 300/3 finish in a rally against the top team in the AFC. Pep put in diligent work to get Mills ready every week, and it showed.

Pep in Carolina could be a QB whisper, a guy who gets young QBs ready for the speed of the pro game. Getting called a QB whisperer is basically a fast track to a HC opportunity, and that might be Pep's future...

I'm glad to see Pep do well as QB coach - Colts fans didn't like him as an OC for the most part, but that was years ago. He was pretty stubborn and predictable as far as playcalling goes, even though he was definitely a likeable guy. Either he's progressed, or he's found his calling - or both. 

• Like 1

Just now, NVRamsFan said:

We see this a lot though. A GM brought in with a lame duck head coach and often qb then second year able to pick their guy at both. Gives him a year to try to clean up the cap.

This is the 2nd time I've heard that this happens a lot, and I believe you, I just can't think of any recent instances off the top of my head.

3 minutes ago, minutemancl said:

This is the 2nd time I've heard that this happens a lot, and I believe you, I just can't think of any recent instances off the top of my head.

Joe Douglas I think did it after two years right? Brought in and kept Gase for two years?

18 minutes ago, ET80 said:

If you want to be a head coach, then working under Matt Rhule probably isn't the wisest decision to make.

But maybe he can take over as interim!

Edited by iknowcool
  • Like 1