Head Coach Firing/Hiring/Interview Rumors

Broncofan

5 hours ago, ET80 said:

Nobody really said anything outside of Davis Mills is the entrenched starter and Deshaun Watson would be a potential return if Brian Flores was hired.

Derek Carr hasn't been mentioned at all, Mills performed well enough in the back half of the season.

He performed well enough to go 2-9 as a starter. Flores wants to win.

5 hours ago, ET80 said:

I'm rational enough to see an upside, and actually think Derek could compete with Davis Mills (not sure if he'd win, Mills looked razor sharp in the back half of the season). But this is just as much a business decision as it is a football decision.

If Davis Mills was our starting QB we probably wouldn't have even won a single game, lol. You think Carr could compete with Mills? Dude has played at an MVP level before with good pieces around him, Mills was stat padding in losses against soft coverage my boy.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Trentwannabe said:

Wonder if they’d take Trubisky as well

We already took Jake Fromm from them.

Schoen was the favorite for this job from the get go, and the expectations from that point as well were that he would take Daboll with him.

Those would be satisfying hires for most Giants fans, I'd imagine. After Judge, I'm done being hopeful or making assumptions, predictions, or judgments on new head coaching hires until at least halfway through their first season. 'Satisfying' will be the best reaction you'll get from me.

The Texans offense was pathetic in 7 of Mills starts and his 2 mop up games.

• This includes 38-0 Rams when it turned into a preseason game in the 4th.
    • 38-22 was because the Rams did not care

He did have a nice December against Jax, the Coivd Chargers, and the Titans.

He also looked good vs New England.

No way is he the clear QB of the future based on that.

On an inept team with Jack Easterby in control, I guess he could be.

1 hour ago, NYRaider said:

If Davis Mills was our starting QB we probably wouldn't have even won a single game, lol. You think Carr could compete with Mills? Dude has played at an MVP level before with good pieces around him, Mills was stat padding in losses against soft coverage my boy.

Let me rephrase then: All things in consideration (business reasons mentioned earlier, salary cap implications, draft capital) Davis Mills is the more optimal solution.

2 minutes ago, ET80 said:

Wins and losses aren't a QB stat, son.

Lol seriously. Watson went like 4-12 with an infinitely better roster than Mills was working with, especially offensively. 

Sometimes that’s just the way it shakes out. I didn’t watch a lot of Mills, but the last game against the Titans the guy was making some impressive throws. 

Edited by Mesa_Titan

1 hour ago, NYRaider said:

While we're here - if Carr is so good, why is Las Vegas trying to get rid of him? It's not because of some stud in the draft, and the Raiders don't have the capital to make a move for a big name such as Wilson, Watson or Rodgers...

The Texans aren't a moderate to slightly average QB away from making noise, so what's the benefit for them? 

1 hour ago, minutemancl said:

We already took Jake Fromm from them.

Schoen was the favorite for this job from the get go, and the expectations from that point as well were that he would take Daboll with him.

Those would be satisfying hires for most Giants fans, I'd imagine. After Judge, I'm done being hopeful or making assumptions, predictions, or judgments on new head coaching hires until at least halfway through their first season. 'Satisfying' will be the best reaction you'll get from me.

I’m not sure I’d label it as taking Fromm lol. 

It’ll be interesting to see if Daboll goes after Trubisky wherever he lands (assuming it’s not Chicago) or not. If he doesn’t, that’ll speak volumes about Trubisky.