Week 16 General Discussion Thread

NYRaider

3 minutes ago, biggie. said:

Browns MUST set a precedent and refuse to extend Mayfield.

3ed357c99b9a60bf5d3efae800a338ef_crop_ex

Not with this QB history, they don't have the leverage to search through another 20 drafts to find the guy.

I think Cleveland can do what Jacksonville did with Blake Bortles - give Mayfield a 3 year deal with a team option on the 3rd year, at roughly $28-30mm/yr. Not top of market money, or years - but keeping him in town to see if this year was due to injury. 

I think too many people want to judge Mayfield in a year where he's clearly injured.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, ET80 said:

Not with this QB history, they don't have the leverage to search through another 20 drafts to find the guy.

I think Cleveland can do what Jacksonville did with Blake Bortles - give Mayfield a 3 year deal with a team option on the 3rd year, at roughly $28-30mm/yr. Not top of market money, or years - but keeping him in town to see if this year was due to injury. 

I think too many people want to judge Mayfield in a year where he's clearly injured.

Exactly. I think Baker has a lot of promise and has just dealt with a lot of adversity this year. It would be a bad move to move on from him right now and reenter QB purgatory. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, ET80 said:

It’s ultimately a money decision

1 minute ago, malak1 said:

The Packers’ defense is overrated. Luckily they have Rodgers so they’ll almost never lose the turnover battle. 

It has been lately, but they are also not healthy. If they get fully healthy (not sure what the possibility of that is) they'll be good

1 minute ago, NoFlyZone said:

Mayfield has had worse injury concerns than Rodgers but I promise no one will talk about that. 

Yeah, how many times have they mentioned Rodgers' broken toe? Yet I don't think they've mentioned Baker's numerous injuries.

• Like 1