Week 16 General Discussion Thread

NYRaider

Just now, kingseanjohn said:

I can't see a WR winning MVP unless they completely destroy every record. I could see OPOY though.

I feel like the wr would also require the starting QB to go down for a few games and not miss a beat production wise. The deck is really stacked against wide receivers.

7 minutes ago, kingseanjohn said:

I can't see a WR winning MVP unless they completely destroy every record. I could see OPOY though.

He's about to become the first WR to lead the league in receptions, yards and reception TDs.

Only three players have done this in the Super Bowl era:

- Jerry Rice (1990)

- Sterling Sharpe (1992)

- Steve Smith (2005)

Kupp might not break a record, but scoring the WR Triple Crown is worth an OPOY.

5 minutes ago, drew39k said:

I feel like the wr would also require the starting QB to go down for a few games and not miss a beat production wise. The deck is really stacked against wide receivers.

Michael Thomas in 2019-2020 probably had the best case among WRs for a MVP in recent times...his production was amazing even when Brees was injured and Teddy was QB...but unluckily for him, Lamar had an amazing season. If he had a season like that this year, then he would have gotten legitimate MVP shouts