Divisional Round: 49ers @ Packers: Postgame - Packers lose 13-10, season ends due to worst STs in history!

FAH1223

Anxiety Meter  

84 members have voted

1. 1. You nervous?

9 minutes ago, incognito_man said:

Mercilus is an underrated addition. Completely unexpected but extremely welcome.

We're replacing Tips and Garvin with Z and Mercilus for the playoffs. Not to mention replacing Sullivan with Jaire.

Expect to see the defense the best it's been all year. That's huge.

I'd love to see a breakdown on the defense with Gary/P Smith on the field vs drives when we bring Tipa/Garvin on.  I don't have access to the film breakdown for this but it feels like every game we have 1-2 drives where we rest Gary/P Smith and those are TD drives for the opposing team every time.  Having Z/Mercilus for those instead is a massive deal.  

• Like 2

Just now, KFP7 said:

I'd love to see a breakdown on the defense with Gary/P Smith on the field vs drives when we bring Tipa/Garvin on.  I don't have access to the film breakdown for this but it feels like every game we have 1-2 drives where we rest Gary/P Smith and those are TD drives for the opposing team every time.  Having Z/Mercilus for those instead is a massive deal.  

They don’t sub in Tipa and Garvin for whole drives, usually for a number of snaps between the 20s.  You’d have to look at some yards per play stat to seek the difference.  It would probably be pretty stark. 

11 minutes ago, KFP7 said:

I'd like to see that, too

27 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

If the run game is working Lazard is every bit the deep threat that MVS is. We saw it last year vs LAR.

If you said one of our starting 22 had to miss this game, MVS would be top 3 with Patrick and Deguara.

We'll be fine.

I agree MVS would be top 3 least missed and he wouldn't be 2 or 3....

1 hour ago, coachbuns said:

He didn't hurt us the 1st game without a bunch of hurt D players.  MLF isn't dumb, he'll talk to Barry and let him know what he expects out of the defense Saturday night.  Let the dogs eat!!  

He's sort of "evolved" since then though

He'll be a factor for sure

Edited by Norm

No Keke or MVS today .. hopefully they can go tomorrow.  MVS really helps open things up and helps keep opponents honest.  Keke .. not even sure what ails him.  He's an enigma, and I kind of get the idea the Packers may look to upgrade from him in the draft.   It just doesn't seem he can be depended on these days.

SF likes to play a TE and a FB. We could see more base defense with Stokes and Jaire at the CB position. 

If you’re in base defense with Jaire and Stokes outside, doesn’t it temp you to play some single high safety and dare Jimmy G to try to get over the top of Jaire and Stokes?

3 hours ago, Packerraymond said:

Not hard to figure out, Deebo is a more dangerous player running routes. This whole part of the run game came to be out of desperation, not because it makes the Niners a better team.

I refuse to accept the logic that Deebo is more scary than a guy like Kupp because "he can run the ball which we have a weakness stopping." 

I haven’t seen anyone in here say that Deebo was more dangerous than Kupp.  They’re both talented and potentially dangerous weapons that both Shanny and McVay use quite effectively.  I believe it was you who said Kupp was the more worrisome player between the two, and that’s fine if you think so.  Maybe we’ll have to deal with him next. In three days, it’s Deebo.

1 hour ago, {Family Ghost} said:

No Keke or MVS today .. hopefully they can go tomorrow.  MVS really helps open things up and helps keep opponents honest.  Keke .. not even sure what ails him.  He's an enigma, and I kind of get the idea the Packers may look to upgrade from him in the draft.   It just doesn't seem he can be depended on these days.

Guess he won't be playing. Guy must be a headcase...