I have Cinci making the Superbowl

mdonnelly21

28 minutes ago, stl4life07 said:

Apparently Cincinnati cancelled schools the Monday after the Superbowl. They must feel real confident in the Bengals winning the Superbowl. So plan the parade. I dont even know why the Rams should even bother showing up lol.

In all seriousness, it is bold to do that. You would think Cincinnati would at least see if the Bengals will win the Superbowl then cancel school during the victory parade. It really put the pressure on the Bengals to win bc if not there are going to be all those kids who will be home from school for no reason other than everyone THOUGHT they would be celebrating a Bengals Superbowl victory. I just think the stakes are raised even higher now. 

I think your misinterpreting the reason behind them doing that.   They haven't won a playoff game in 30+ and you think the fans are confident winning the SB?    

7 minutes ago, sryan66611 said:

I think your misinterpreting the reason behind them doing that.   They haven't won a playoff game in 30+ and you think the fans are confident winning the SB?    

I hear what you are saying but not winning a playoff game in 30+ seasons get thrown out the window when they just have won 3 playoff games in this one season alone. Its just like Stafford, he was (0-3) in his career entering these playoffs. All of that is thrown out of the window bc he has won 3 playoff games in this one season alone. Bengals fans should feel confident as well as Rams fans should feel confident. 

I was just pointing out that to cancel schools in Cincinnati the day after the Superbowl in a way like the Falcons having printed gear saying they are the 2016 NFL Superbowl champs before the game is over. Now I can see why they were confident being up 28-3 but the risk you take is blowing that lead and losing then the other team is celebrating while the losing team it hurts even worse. But again Cincinnati should feel confident but Im just saying at least wait till after the Superbowl to see if the team win before cancelling schools to celebrate.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, stl4life07 said:

I hear what you are saying but not winning a playoff game in 30+ seasons get thrown out the window when they just have won 3 playoff games in this one season alone. Its just like Stafford, he was (0-3) in his career entering these playoffs. All of that is thrown out of the window bc he has won 3 playoff games in this one season alone. Bengals fans should feel confident as well as Rams fans should feel confident. 

I was just pointing out that to cancel schools in Cincinnati the day after the Superbowl in a way like the Falcons having printed gear saying they are the 2016 NFL Superbowl champs before the game is over. Now I can see why they were confident being up 28-3 but the risk you take is blowing that lead and losing then the other team is celebrating while the losing team it hurts even worse. But again Cincinnati should feel confident but Im just saying at least wait till after the Superbowl to see if the team win before cancelling schools to celebrate.  

To be fair they might need to cancel school so the kids can take care of the hung over parents, no matter the outcome.

Edited by Broncofan
  • Like 2

For the first time in forever I don’t care who wins the Super Bowl because I’m happy either way. So often it’s two teams I want to lose and this year I'm happy if the Bengals win and get rid of that Boomer, Icky Woods loss. I’m also totally happy if the Rams bring one home to Los Angeles. 

• Like 4

21 hours ago, stl4life07 said:

I was just pointing out that to cancel schools in Cincinnati the day after the Superbowl in a way like the Falcons having printed gear saying they are the 2016 NFL Superbowl champs before the game is over. Now I can see why they were confident being up 28-3 but the risk you take is blowing that lead and losing then the other team is celebrating while the losing team it hurts even worse.

You know they do that for both teams, right? The companies have them printed beforehand so they can give the teams the merch right away. They’ve always done that, the losing team’s gear usually gets donated. You can just Google it, that’s always been a thing.

21 hours ago, stl4life07 said:

But again Cincinnati should feel confident but Im just saying at least wait till after the Superbowl to see if the team win before cancelling schools to celebrate.  

You’re reading into a few school cancellations waaay too much. Like the team or the majority of it’s fans have a say in that, lol.

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, Leoric said:

For the first time in forever I don’t care who wins the Super Bowl because I’m happy either way. So often it’s two teams I want to lose and this year I'm happy if the Bengals win and get rid of that Boomer, Icky Woods loss. I’m also totally happy if the Rams bring one home to Los Angeles. 

Tim Krumrie's leg, waving in agreement. 

13 hours ago, Yin-Yang said:

You know they do that for both teams, right? The companies have them printed beforehand so they can give the teams the merch right away. They’ve always done that, the losing team’s gear usually gets donated. You can just Google it, that’s always been a thing.

You’re reading into a few school cancellations waaay too much. Like the team or the majority of it’s fans have a say in that, lol.

This.  The schools are just being transparent that there won't be school.

I live in Indiana (obviously with user name) and teach in a public school system. The two y8ears the Colts went saw the same thing.  They cancelled school the next day after they beat the Bears, and when they lost to the Saints, they had a two hour delay.

What this really does is tell kids in advance that they can stray up toi watch all of the game, and if they win, let the celebration with family and friends contunue well past normal bedtimes.

American society is leaning towards treating the day after the Super Bowl as a quasi-national holiday. My unit is cancelling PT and just having late work call.

This is going to be the first time I'm voluntarily skipping the game; going to be doing Uber Eats deliveries for the entire game.

Edited by biggie.