NFC Wildcard GDT: #6 San Francisco at #3 Dallas

Broncofan

Who wins today?  

50 members have voted

1. 1. Pick the winner!

3 minutes ago, ET80 said:

No, whoever made that call is pretty much the only human being on the planet who deserves blame.

Maybe Dak, too. But that's the entire list.

You mean the next HC of the Dallas Cowboys? That person? Going to be hilarious watching Jerry Wade Phillips McCarthy for the Wonder Boy 2.0 who called that play.

It's coming!

• Like 2

Just now, Uncle Buck said:

True.  That one was pretty obvious the moment the play happened.  You guys got robbed.

This would have meant a lot more several years ago, but I guess it's something. I suppose I should thank you.

1 minute ago, NoFlyZone said:

Sure, but as others said where was he??

Behind the play, where he's supposed to be.

2 minutes ago, NoFlyZone said:

And his approach was to bumble in there and knock everything around? He was practically jumped on Dak’s back.

Yes, because nobody handed him the ball to set it. That's on Dak.

2 minutes ago, NoFlyZone said:

The execution was painfully bad and Dallas paid the price.

That's a check that Dak needs to write. HE executed painfully bad. Nobody else.

3 minutes ago, NoFlyZone said:

I seriously wasn’t even worried when I saw Dak run. That ball should have been spiked, period.

No. The ball needs to be set by an official first. Dak didn't let that happen when he failed to give it to a ref.

I get that it sucks, but the refs did NOTHING wrong on that play.

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, NoFlyZone said:

Sure, but as others said where was he?? And his approach was to bumble in there and knock everything around? He was practically jumped on Dak’s back. The execution was painfully bad and Dallas paid the price. How are you not getting this?

I seriously wasn’t even worried when I saw Dak run. That ball should have been spiked, period.

The ref starts 8-10 yards behind the LOS.  His job is to watch for potential penalties along the OL and DL.  

He follows the play and with Dallas lining up, there is no direct line for him to spot the ball.    Going through the players was his best option.

• Like 4

10 minutes ago, Broncofan said:

If SF doesn't have Bosa & Warner, man...... IMO it's a pyrrhic victory (much like how if TAM loses Wirfs and Jensen is compromised, don't like their chances at all).      Still, at least pretty much any team who watches game film will realize that much like 2019 season.....SF is winning despite JimmyG, not because of him.

That's fine. A lot of squads don't go anywhere every year despite having a superior QB. Jimmy is 36-15 as a starter. Even with his looney trigger and dum dum rockets, he makes enough plays to help the team win :)

Edited by TecmoSuperJoe

11 minutes ago, NoFlyZone said:

Sure, but as others said where was he?? And his approach was to bumble in there and knock everything around? He was practically jumped on Dak’s back. The execution was painfully bad and Dallas paid the price. How are you not getting this?

The ref was well behind Dak at the start of the play, where he should be. Dak took off immediately, and is much quicker than said ref.  Ref is running down to where the ball needs to be spotted, but Dak and the center, instead of standing out of the way so the ref can do his job, are standing in position ready to snap the ball instead.  The ref is shoving his way through Dak and the center so he can spot the ball as quickly as possible.  It was either that or run around the entire OL, which would have drained even more time.  Neither Dak or the center should have their hands on the ball at this point, and yet they do, slowing the process down.  It is 100% on the Cowboys. 

Edited by Jetzger
  • Like 4

3 minutes ago, Dome said:

This would have meant a lot more several years ago, but I guess it's something. I suppose I should thank you.

I'm pretty sure I said the same thing at the time.  My team wasn't even playing in that game, so I'm not sure what you're getting at here.  You're talking about the play against the Rams, right?