NFC Championship Game GDT - Los Angeles Rams vs San Francisco 49ers

J-ALL-DAY

10 minutes ago, 757-NINER said:

This is what I meant when I say he missed some reads that could have been momentum changing. He played relatively clean there until the end but the missed opportunity to Kittle in the first quater and being hesitant on certain reads are just game alternating if you don't take advantage.

This is why the Shanny hate when Jimmy does things like this doesn't make sense. You can't in one sentence say that Jimmy is mediocre as it gets and then blame it on Shanny for the mediocre QB playing like a mediocre QB lol. Shanny took this mediocre QB to a SB and was on the brink of a second SB trip. That doesn't mean Shanny is excused for some of his decisions like not going for it on 4th and 2 but people are just taking it too far here. Talking about a 10 point lead blown when it was 3 point lead with 13:30 to go and Shanny doesn't call the defense. So the next time his unit touched the ball after going up 10, it was a 3 point lead with a full quarter to go. 

• Like 4

38 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

This is why the Shanny hate when Jimmy does things like this doesn't make sense. You can't in one sentence say that Jimmy is mediocre as it gets and then blame it on Shanny for the mediocre QB playing like a mediocre QB lol. Shanny took this mediocre QB to a SB and was on the brink of a second SB trip. That doesn't mean Shanny is excused for some of his decisions like not going for it on 4th and 2 but people are just taking it too far here. Talking about a 10 point lead blown when it was 3 point lead with 13:30 to go and Shanny doesn't call the defense. So the next time his unit touched the ball after going up 10, it was a 3 point lead with a full quarter to go. 

I totally agree. I mean would i have liked to see him go for it on 4th and 2? Yeah. But it was really the 3rd down call that irked me. Like we hadn't been running the ball effectively AND efficiently enough to go with that run call. Call it hindsight or whatever but I'd much rather have see some type of play-action or quick-hitter there instead of that run call.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

Real #tough of Whitworth wanting to confront Joe now that he lost 70 pounds and is a size of a WR. Real #tough Andrew, real #tough!!!!!!

lol, Joe was obviously joking. I guess Whitworth doesn't have a sense of humor. 

15 minutes ago, StevenK said:

Plus he’s acting as if he attacked his wife verbally on social media. He didnt unless there’s something not posted. All he did was got in on the fun and spun what she said for the Niners sake. 

100% it didn’t come from a bad spot. Weird.. I he took it as a brotherhood thing. Plus, what made it worse was that Whits wife thought Joe was trying to help her out! Which made things awkward and silly. Nothing bad specially when it’s a rivalry thing!! Whit just in his feelings I guess. He even posted something about the Niners on his IG after we clapped them 😂 little revenge tour. 

1 hour ago, Forge said:

Yeah, prior to this game, they had a history of using the one of the lightest boxes in the NFL and continued to do so against us lol. Weird planning by them in prior games. 

Think it’s perfect. Don’t do it don’t do it then boom do it. Obviously it worked and caught the Niners by surprised.. One of those I’ll break my bones to kill you things 😂 or the Vietnamese when they would rush armed soldiers all coked out 😂 try and slash 2 of them before a rain of bullets them. Where you surprised that the run game was shut down completely?

Edited by El Ramster

2 hours ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

I know Jimmy hates throwing to the sidelines, but how don't you let it rip to Kittle right there? Depending on the pass, you can possibly allow him to catch and turn up the field and the 2nd and 15 WORST case ends up being 3rd and 5 or 3rd and 6. Kittle had a good angle on the defender that he could have picked up even more yards. My goodness, sometimes Jimmy is just so hesitant to pull the trigger. 

I remember this play well, Jimmy was lucky to not have thrown a pick, Ramsey baited him into throwing to aiyuk late. 

I was screaming kittles name immediately. Needed to drive the ball to his outside shoulder and give kittle a chance to cut upfield. It's a throw Trey has shown us he can make 

6 minutes ago, N4L said:

I remember this play well, Jimmy was lucky to not have thrown a pick, Ramsey baited him into throwing to aiyuk late. 

I was screaming kittles name immediately. Needed to drive the ball to his outside shoulder and give kittle a chance to cut upfield. It's a throw Trey has shown us he can make 

It wasn't even a bait, just a total dumb decision by Jimmy to try to force it to Aiyuk there lol. Bad things happen when he gets on the run and tries to pass it.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

I know Jimmy hates throwing to the sidelines, but how don't you let it rip to Kittle right there? Depending on the pass, you can possibly allow him to catch and turn up the field and the 2nd and 15 WORST case ends up being 3rd and 5 or 3rd and 6. Kittle had a good angle on the defender that he could have picked up even more yards. My goodness, sometimes Jimmy is just so hesitant to pull the trigger. 

That photo on the left seems to have a wr(Aiyuk?) up the seam with inside wr looking to hold the S. Have to see the all 22 but if he didn't want the 2 easy throws he could have taken a shot there. Oh well.